Yamaha slowly revealing 2013 lineup

bleedinblue

Elite Member

jocampo

It doesn't matter wich year.The Ninja 650 will never be as good of a sportbike as the fz6r simply because its a Versys at heart.But its your decision to make, just trying to help.
A hard one this time ... :-(

That 2013 Street Triple is ugly as hell. And I'm not sure,but that exhaust maybe changed the beautiful "note" it had before.

The fz6r now looks and behaves exactly the same as the one I bought in 2011. I wish the 2013 fz6r would get ABS, but of course, did not happen.

But the Ninja's look is nicer, in my opinion, and I believe better mpg? ... hmmm ...

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

jocampo

There's always the new Ninja 300. ABS, fuel injected, plus a slipper clutch. Not to mention, well over 50 MPGs. Seems like a fun little bike if you aren't obsessed with acceleration.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
Hey, how have you been, how's your ST ... :)

Well, I am not obsessed with acceleration , but no way I will ride anything below 600cc ... ;-) . Remember, I came from two a Ninjas 250cc. I learned how to ride on those, few years ago.

For taking highways sporadically , I definitely recommend 600cc or more.

BoneJj

Hey, how have you been, how's your ST ... :)

Well, I am not obsessed with acceleration , but no way I will ride anything below 600cc ... ;-) . Remember, I came from two a Ninjas 250cc. I learned how to ride on those, few years ago.

For taking highways sporadically , I definitely recommend 600cc or more.
The new 300 is fuel injected and has a lot more pep compared the the 250cc setups. They are certainly worth looking at as they have a lot better power and performance than the 250s.

jocampo

If I get a new bike, won't be, under 600cc, that's for sure.

Not saying they are bad, but that's not what I want. Maybe as second bike, but not as primary bike.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII via Tapatalk.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Hellgate

BoneJj

I want one... for my wife. Why are we, in America always getting screw on the nice bike... always the last one to get the cool stuff!

Yamaha YZF 250 R4 specification,features,review price | triccky.com
I don't know about being a signle cylinder engine though. I'd want at least a parallel twin to help get some kind of balance in there.

Other than that it looks really good though, for a 250. And they mention the kawi 250 but not the 300, strange.

IDK, I have no business even looking at anything under 600 as I've tried to sit on those little bikes and they just feel like I'm sitting on a toy they are so small compared to me.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

Not for me, for my wife. I wish it was a 20K screaming inline 4 like the old CBRs.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
A friend of mine has one of those old CBRs, that thing does scream like a SOG. I've taken it a few times and taken it all the way to the red line and damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes your heart pump with that high of a rev!

Crpngdth

damn one good looking bike
they both are nice looking bikes for 250's, and even they have a normal sized muffler and exhaust

i still for the life of me cant figure why they did what they did with our stock exhaust on the fz6r.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Detrich

Yah. Blue is Yamaha's color just like Green is Kawasaki, Orange is Honda etc.

I don't dig the white front fenders on the 2013's either. Looks weird. :(

bleedinblue

Elite Member