Yamaha slowly revealing 2013 lineup

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

dmkun

I am looking to buy the new 2012 fz6r this coming weekend....should I wait for the 2013? When do the new models come out?

Fizzer6R

that's cool, didn't even know they did that, figured they'd put em all up on their website when they release em all "to the press"

Detrich

Rumors are oem steering dampers for the 2013 R6...

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

b_who

Im excited :) hope they do up the R6 , its overdue for a tuneup or even an overhaul

Sent from my Droid

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Detrich

Ive heard from a lotta Honda CBR owners that their oem damper isn't adjustable. So, I dunno what's better- to have one but can't adjust it or pay $450 for one that is far better than the basic oem? I am really happy with my GPR v4 tho... :)

Having been on my R6 for 5000+ miles now (wow), I'm understanding why Yamaha hasn't tweaked it too much. It's really a very well-balanced, high performance bike that doesn't really need much tweaking. Anything they would add to it would just end up skyrocketing the price and adding weight- without really making a night n day difference.

That said, if they could keep the price and the weight the same- which is basically impossible- then this would be my wish list:

1. More refined graphics/ color scheme. (I hate the tattood look they've done recently with the 2011's & on.)
2. More useable low-end torque. (helps with parking and u-turns. lol)
3. More durable paint job on the rear sets. (scratches up too easily.)
4. Steering damper. (save me $450 lol.)
5. Nicer looking exhaust. (nice to have)
6. Fuel gauge. (nice to have.)
7. Gear indicator. (nice to have.)
8. ABS (nice to have)
9. DSC (nice to have)
10. Gravity chip (nice to have)

When u factor in all this crap, no wonder the S1000RR is considered a "bargain" at $15k. LOL. x_X

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

KeysRider3

Ive heard from a lotta Honda CBR owners that their oem damper isn't adjustable. So, I dunno what's better- to have one but can't adjust it or pay $450 for one that is far better than the basic oem? I am really happy with my GPR v4 tho... :)

Having been on my R6 for 5000+ miles now (wow), I'm understanding why Yamaha hasn't tweaked it too much. It's really a very well-balanced, high performance bike that doesn't really need much tweaking. Anything they would add to it would just end up skyrocketing the price and adding weight- without really making a night n day difference.

That said, if they could keep the price and the weight the same- which is basically impossible- then this would be my wish list:

1. More refined graphics/ color scheme. (I hate the tattood look they've done recently with the 2011's & on.)
2. More useable low-end torque. (helps with parking and u-turns. lol)
3. More durable paint job on the rear sets. (scratches up too easily.)
4. Steering damper. (save me $450 lol.)
5. Nicer looking exhaust. (nice to have)
6. Fuel gauge. (nice to have.)
7. Gear indicator. (nice to have.)
8. ABS (nice to have)
9. DSC (nice to have)
10. Gravity chip (nice to have)

When u factor in all this crap, no wonder the S1000RR is considered a "bargain" at $15k. LOL. x_X
Re the Honda steering damper, it's electronic.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

vkamnev

I really wanted to see tw with fuel injection. guess I'll wait another year to get that crawler.

Wooster

I think it's clear with Kawasaki making changes to their entry leavel ninja 650 that Yamaha will make some changes to the FZ6R. I doubt it will be anything carzy, but my money is that there will be some changes other than the paint scheme

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member