Who else has the next bike picked?

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Jay S.

2011 Ninja 1000 for me - finally got a chance to sit on one and I'm hooked. Although I might get it painted "Yamaha Blue" as a tribute to the FZ6R :D
That bike is getting a lot of attention and all the reviews say it is a great bike. I really like the looks of the new Suzuki GSX1250FA as well. The new Ninja and the GSX have had a lot of comparisons lately and both rate very high.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Fizzer6R

Found the next bike. Was shortly before closing and I didn't have my checkbook, so going back Tuesday when they reopen to haggle on the price. Wish me luck, hopefully Tuesday I'll be introducing a new member of the family.
come on Mike, which Harley did you pick ?? never had one, but if my Powerball quick pick numbers came up, I'd quickly add a blacked out Night Train to my stable

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Bay area rider

A year from now.... if I'm still alive and kickin' :iconbeer:

I want either this:

Or this:

Haaaaaayyyyy... now time to wake up :banghead:

ajskillz13

Monster 1100 Evo with Termi exhaust.... Mmmmmmm

MC#4

Next bike will be a 3-4 year old Kawasaki ZX-14. That bike just fits my personality to a T. :D Will be watching ebay in the coming months...

Sage

Found another choice that I'm liking more and more each day.

Triumph Speed Triple....mmmmmm.....

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

ajskillz13

Yes! After a lot of research, that's the bike I've settled on. Light enough to be thrown around, enough HP to not get boring, good midrange torque, and a seating position close to our 6R's. Plus I like the way it looks, and love the way it sounds. All the fun of a Daytona, but you can ride it for hours at a time. :thumbup:
I thought that I liked this more than the Monster, but after sitting on both, I thought the ST was a bit taller than our bike while the Monster was shorter or the same. That makes a big difference for me considering it's the choice between flat-footing or not. I'm not tall enough for it not to matter. Both are sexy though. I would definitely take either.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Sage

Yes! After a lot of research, that's the bike I've settled on. Light enough to be thrown around, enough HP to not get boring, good midrange torque, and a seating position close to our 6R's. Plus I like the way it looks, and love the way it sounds. All the fun of a Daytona, but you can ride it for hours at a time. :thumbup:
I've only sat on one a few minutes when I was in a dealer and sat on a Daytona SE. But from what I remember it and the Street Triple were quite a comfortable position. It has enough HP to keep some great speed and a great amount of torque that would keep things very fun. I also love the sound of an inline-3 and the looks of the new styling of the Triples.

I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam, so I'm not tall, but tall enough to not worry about the seat hight. The Monster would be my second choice, but all the shootouts rated the Triumph higher.
I'm about the same height/inseam as you and the one i sat on (idk how the seat was set), I was maybe half flat foot, not fully but not straining to be tippy toed, which is about where I am on the 6R with my seat set on H.

kma_jg

Here is my next bike. Some people might say the Ducs aren't as reliable, but stuff 'em all.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyZ64Ef-yaY]Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Review - YouTube[/ame]

ajskillz13

I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam, so I'm not tall, but tall enough to not worry about the seat hight. The Monster would be my second choice, but all the shootouts rated the Triumph higher.
Changed my mind! Just noticed that the Street Triple R got the updated styling for 2012 AND has the shorter seat height. Plus, it's plenty of power for me and very light.

I'll take this one...

Last edited: