What's YOUR routine..?

Do you exercise?

• Yes, I workout regularly

Votes: 64 50.0%
  • Sort of...occasional execise only

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • Nope, God gave me a perfect physique and health

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Ex-er-cise? That's what they do to baby boys, right?

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sammy56

I guess all us Quebecois have high cholesterol!! My doc wants me to go on the meds....220 here also!! Since I am north of 40, time to pull the trigger I guess. Running is tough and inevitably I don't keep up with it, good for you though, it is great for you. Nothing better than training for an annual ski trip though! I always come back from those trips in wicked shape for the next two months after 2 or 3 months prep and 4 days of solid skiing.

LB

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

cavcuz05

i do cardio in the mornings 30 min...usually eliptical on up hill/Plyo..something to keep my heart rate in the 170-180 range for about 30 min...then i do P90x weight training in the afternoon

Mon- AM-Cario PM-chest/back/abs
Tues-AM (1hr)Cardio PM-abs
Wed- AM Cardio PM-sholders/bi's/tri's/abs
Thurs-AM (1hr)Cardio PM-abs
Fri- AM-Cardio PM-legs/back/abs
Sat- AM-Abs only
Sun- Rest

then start oll over again the next week (this is my 30 day regiment, then i change it up the next 30)

Spunky99

I'm old....
I rented this body and abused it. Can you say 14' pipeline, Sunset Beach, Waimea, VelzyLand?
Now that the body rental expired and I'm stuck with it, I try to take care of it but....
The Hep -C treatments pretty much prevent me from doing any exercise as they take all my energy. Maybe in a year I'll get back into my routine again....

I used to race marathons with inline skates, bicycle racing and gym 3 times a week. Now I'm just trying to survive....

I'm going to start stretching and getting ready for M1GP in February...

TigerGenetics

Monday:
Bench Press
Military Press (front)
Side raises
Wt'd Dips
Straight Bar Tricep ext.
Tricep Pressdown
Straight Bar Curl
Hammer Curl
Abs
Run

Tuesday:
Hang Clean
Squats
Lunges
St. Leg Dead Lift
Leg Curls
Lat Pulldowns
Calves
Abs
Run

Wednesday:
no weights, just running/biking

Thursday:
Close-grip bench
Dumbbell Bench (flat or incline)
Standing behind the neck press
Front raises
Rear delt raises
EZ Bar tricep ext. (nosebreakers/skull crushers)
Tricep pressdown
Biceps (choice)
Abs
Run

Friday:
Power Cleans
Front Squats
Dead Lifts
Leg Curls
Leg Ext
Single Arm Dumbbell row
Calves
Abs
Run

That is it in a nutshell. There just isn't enough room to put reps and sets (typically 3-5 sets per exercise with the exception of the major lifts like Bench, Squats, close-grip bench, and the cleans, which I use a chart to determine how many sets at what weight). This is an 8 week program and it hurts. I really gotta get back into this regularly so I can get back to my early college form, before Papa John's and beer took over.

thatklutzychick

I do triathlons. Short ones, but they still count. I'm gearing up for my first 1/3 marathon in January. Here's my workout:

Monday: Run (minimum 3 miles)
Tuesday: Swim in the morning. Dodgeball at night (don't knock it, it's a crazy cardio workout)
Wednesday: Run (minimum 3 miles)
Thursday: Easy walk, bike or swim
Friday: Bike (minimum 8 miles)
Saturday: Run (double the minimum mileage of Monday and Wednesday)
Sunday: Eat chips, watch football, mourn that I'm a Chargers fan. :iconbeer:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I do triathlons. Short ones, but they still count. I'm gearing up for my first 1/3 marathon in January.
I love doing triathlons. I completed my first open-water swim this past September. It was a 1/2 mile swim, which was probably more than I needed....but it was fun as hell. I am looking forward to some more tri's next spring.

I also run 5K and 10K roadraces. And just recently I started playing soccer. Now that's a cardio workout! :eek:

BTW: "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!" :rof:

thatklutzychick

I plan to try tri next year, if I can figure out how to swim. Feel sorry for you by the way.... GO COLTS!:steve:
Tris are super fun! You can definitely pick up the swimming if you are willing to work at it.

@99vengeur I can't pretend dodgeball is in the same league as soccer cardio-wise, but still, it's better than taking another rest day.

MikeN02

Thread Revival Time!

I'm having a bet going on right now with my friend.
I'm 5'4 Asian and about 158 lbs. He's about 5'6 Hispanic and about 220 lbs.

Today we made a bet on who can get "ripped" the best. The deadline is May 2, 2011 (about 5 months) since he says (he reads health and body building magazines all the time) it takes about 6 months. We both bet $50, I thought he'd refuse since I'm closer to being in shape and he's well... has a big beer belly. But he says I'm lazy so it evens out.

Will let you know how it progresses, any tips? I'm going to the Gym 6 times a week, Cardio to burn fat off then build muscle. I'm more focused on my abs since I have muscle on my arms just that there's a layer of fat there so it isn't defined.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
P90X! I really recommend it! It takes 3 months and works! Just check out my pics from above. That was only 60 days worth of results.

MikeN02

I think I'll die... :eek:

I'm already going to the gym after work.

My job is working at a scrap yard. I basically transport/sort the scrap that people bring in and put them in the bins. A lot of the stuff they bring in is 20, 50, or even 120 lbs. Then after that I go to the gym... How would I fit in P90X?

There's this "circuit" workout at the gym where there are machines in a semi-circle and you have thirty minutes to do them all. when the red light goes you stop and go to the next machine, the green light you go.

Roaddawg

Like 99 said, P90X...that's it!! I think my pics are above somewhere too. You don't have to go to the gym, just do P90X and eat right too! You have to really be conscious of what your putting in your body....no soda, watch the crappy carbs and fats, all that stuff. I'm just starting the "Insanity" workout because I can't commit to P90X right now.

MikeN02

I really don't feel like canceling my gym membership and buying a dumbbell, yoga mat and the doorway lift......

Couldn't I just watch the videos and do the samething at the gym? They would have the same machines.

Roaddawg

I really don't feel like canceling my gym membership and buying a dumbbell, yoga mat and the doorway lift......

Couldn't I just watch the videos and do the samething at the gym? They would have the same machines.
You could, I suppose, but you might feel odd doing some of that stuff in a gym. Although, P90X is pretty well known now. How much do you spend on gym membership (if you don't mind me asking)? I use to go to a gym, but now it's nice to work out at home and not worry about the hassles of going to the gym, waiting for machines, egos...The only thing I do miss about the gym is the 'scenery'. :p

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

You can absolutely do the workouts at the gym!! In fact, a lot of people do it that way to avoid having to buy weights and such.

You don't even need the DVD's really. If you go to the link below, you can download the workout sheets for P90X to keep track of the exercises, the weight you used, and how many reps you did. If you download the Excel file, it gives you even more power for tracking your workouts and progress.

Team Beachbody - Get Fit: Fitness Tools: Workout Sheets

It is definitely worth doing if you have $50 dollars on the line! :thumbup:

MikeN02

You could, I suppose, but you might feel odd doing some of that stuff in a gym. Although, P90X is pretty well known now. How much do you spend on gym membership (if you don't mind me asking)? I use to go to a gym, but now it's nice to work out at home and not worry about the hassles of going to the gym, waiting for machines, egos...The only thing I do miss about the gym is the 'scenery'. :p
I spend about $10 a month on a gym membership, and about $20 a year for the annual. It's Planet Fitness, the "No Judgment Zone" kind of helps as they'll kick you out if you are judging others/scream/drop weights. So it wouldn't be really weird. I thought people would be telling other people are weird for laying on a yoga mat or messing with the exercise ball.

The thing about working out at home for me is it's not motivating. Plus I don't like to work out in front of family members etc. The gym is literally .3 miles away from my house, plenty of machines etc. When I go there I work out instead of at home I "Give Up" and decide to watch tv or surf the internet.

You can absolutely do the workouts at the gym!! In fact, a lot of people do it that way to avoid having to buy weights and such.

You don't even need the DVD's really. If you go to the link below, you can download the workout sheets for P90X to keep track of the exercises, the weight you used, and how many reps you did. If you download the Excel file, it gives you even more power for tracking your workouts and progress.

Team Beachbody - Get Fit: Fitness Tools: Workout Sheets

It is definitely worth doing if you have $50 dollars on the line! :thumbup:
Great Idea, I saw a guy carrying a clip-board with the work outs checked off etc last night.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member