What's YOUR routine..?

Do you exercise?

• Yes, I workout regularly

Votes: 64 50.0%
  • Sort of...occasional execise only

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • Nope, God gave me a perfect physique and health

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Ex-er-cise? That's what they do to baby boys, right?

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters

MikeN02

I can't lie, I ate about 4 chocolate chip cookies yesterday. I mean they were just sitting there in the box. It would be a waste of food since no one else would eat them and they'll go in the garbage in about a week or two.

That's what sucks though, I get the craving or urge, especially when it's around lunch time and there's a fast food place across the street from my work. When they fry the chicken the smell leaks over. I eat it yes, but afterwards I regret it, then I regret it at the gym too.

SideTracked

I work at a stone manufacturing plant lifting 50-100 lb stones all night 11-7, that about does it for me :) Just like a free gym membership

bmw675

i used to eat out at fast food everyday. and it would be nothing to drop $10 at taco bell, wendy's, burger king, culvers, ect....
i would never gain weight, even without working out. but i found that i could do intense training and still not develop any definition or build at all. so i was left with a choice, eat less and hope that was the culprit or quit working out and live with my current condition. i sure hope my metabolism doesn't change. :D

I figured I'd share my routine as so many have kindly and helpfully done so far.

First I usually over sleep and slowly get ready for yet another long day. After that I grab a bowl of cereal and a glass of skim milk, for the record I prefer whole milk but I'm trying.

After planning my long work day I gather my things; tools, computer, parts. I make a sandwich, simple with mustard only, again I'm trying to do right and include an apple. I head out for work, get things done an lunch rolls around. Just before lunch I see a stray dog and decide he needs my sandwich more than I do. Hey I can do right in more way than one... After about 1pm and already passed my apple to a landlords horse who keeps bugging me as I'm taking photos of a cell tower, I start feeling a rumbling in my tummy. Well my "doing right" has gotten me off track so I stop at the nearest Sonic. Still having it in my head that I want to eat well I scan over the menu.. Mmmm those cheese sticks look gooood! OOOO! they have cheddar jalapeno's, Mmmm. After long debate with my self and my laptop. I decide on the grilled wrap and order cheese sticks, jalapeno's, a choclate shake and a bacon cheese burger... I figured I could have some for supper and double the order... So later after getting home and eaten everything, I figured I should go run my usual 5 miles and hit the weights, i felt bad but yet oooo so satisfied... But once again I take a nap... I wake up very late knowing I can't sleep the whole night so I make a glass or two of chocolate milk, whole milk this time, and wath some tv. After finally getting tired enough for bed I proceed that way only to over sleep and start this difficult process over again.

Hey... At least I try!!

karl213

Fast food is a killer, havn't touched fast food in over 5yrs. I go to the gym 3-4 days a week for about 2.5hr and the other 3-4 days is running. :thumbup:

MikeN02

The bet's have changed with a third party involved. So it's a 3 way bet, $50. My 2 friends and I, who ever can get muscle definition first. No deadline.

I'm not worried about one of them the other I have to watch out for. He has the knowledge and know how of foods, and excercises but doesn't have the motivation. I, on the other hand am close but I lack the knowledge.
About a year ago I bought the Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder. Used it a few times now I'm using it again. 1 scoop with a glass or bottle of water. 30 minutes before I work-out and after a work out. On days I'm resting I use it whenever.

Also, apparently I'm not pushing myself hard enough. I need to do intensity, which is basically where I'm huffing and puffing turning red etc.

Any advice on what to eat? It's so easy to get fast food since it's always available. I was even thinking of a straight up tofu diet but that lacks in a lot of ways. I know to spread my meals 6 between the days with snacks in between so I don't eat one giant meal.

Fruits? Vegetables? Meat and Fish for protein? Nothing from a can or box?

Being asian, I also eat a lot of white rice. White rice with every meal mostly, so is this bad?

Last edited:

MikeN02

So I thought about it a lot. And I'm going to go with

Gym in the morning
Work
P90X in the day/night

Following the P90X worksheet for what areas of the body I'm going to be working on that day at the gym.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to get cut, change you diet to include chicken, turkey and fish for meats; broccoli, celery, and sweet potatoes for veggies; and whole grains for the carbs. Use these ingredients for every meal. Very boring mix of food, but it will help you shed fat and build muscle.

MikeN02

If you want to get cut, change you diet to include chicken, turkey and fish for meats; broccoli, celery, and sweet potatoes for veggies; and whole grains for the carbs. Use these ingredients for every meal. Very boring mix of food, but it will help you shed fat and build muscle.
+1 writing this down. I don't care if it's boring. It would seem like I'm in prison anyways so might as well follow the rules. You forgot to mention how I should cook them...? Grilled? Broiled? Fry?

Just burned 1,500 calories at the gym. Need to steal my brother's pull up doorway bar and dumbells for P90X.
Reasons why I want to get in shape is I want people to say I look different, win the bet, feel better about myself, and of course get the ladies!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
+1 writing this down. I don't care if it's boring. It would seem like I'm in prison anyways so might as well follow the rules. You forgot to mention how I should cook them...? Grilled? Broiled? Fry?

Just burned 1,500 calories at the gym. Need to steal my brother's pull up doorway bar and dumbells for P90X.
Reasons why I want to get in shape is I want people to say I look different, win the bet, feel better about myself, and of course get the ladies!
What I have done and would suggest doing, is go and buy a bunch of different seasoning blends and try them out with grilling, baking, broiling and whatever. I don't think how you cook the meat is all that important, with the exception of frying it in grease. Although, you could probably use a peanut oil, or something along those lines to get a nice fry going without it being to "unhealthy." Also, think outside the box when making the meals, it helps!

ksanbon

@ 58 I have to stretch (yoga) 20 min 5 times per week. I ride my bicycle to work (30 min round trip), & play b-ball twice a week (3 hrs total). I also walk to the grocery store (2.5-3 miles, 40-45 min round trip), which adds the benefit of not being able to buy too much food.
I sold my car 3 years ago & haven't missed it. Life is great.

MikeN02

So it looks like I got some results. I'm dieting and burning more calories than I eat. My chest has gotten a little flatter and my belly seems to be smaller.

I worked out for 4 days straight, cardio in all of them and during the 4th day I was worn out and couldn't even do another round of cardio (I usually warm up 5 minutes then go 30 minutes and 5 minute cool down) then again at the end of the workout session. But I could barely get in 5 minutes, so I decided I needed a break midweek, thursday being the break day.

I feel like a vampire, it's so hard to resist the urge to eat unhealthy food. I caught a whiff yesterday... my brother brought him some left over hot wings and fries and I opened to see what it was. Was so tempted... and I really hate to waste good food. Like the cookies sitting in a box for about a week now and no one touched them.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds like some good progress! Remember that you need to give your body rest during the week. Take at least one whole day off, and give yourself one more day of light activity. Keep in mind that muscle needs time to repair if you expect to see great results.

Keep up the good work! Don't be afraid to take pics and post them here to track your progress!

MikeN02

If you train on a treadmill, put some incline (2-3%) you will burn much more calories... There's a Ultramarathon next May from Key Largo to Key West. 100 Miles!!! It sound stupid, but I can't stop thinking about it... I guess I'm a idiot. If I'm going to be stupid, I'll doit in style! But I don't think I'm ready for that right now. Next year...

Good job on your training! Don't over do it, pace yourself! Get some rest... and keep going. Be healty is a life style, not a sort term goal...
Yeah it's still my first week so I'm taking it easy for now. Next week I'll probably up it to level 2 incline. Then switch on and off from 1 to 2 to confuse my muscles.

I'm trying not to make it a sort term goal again, want to change. I just went grocery shopping. Bought apples, avocado, baby carrots, grapes, celery, bananas, romaine lettuce, and grape tomatoes.

Already took a picture at day 1, going to do it again at day 30 and 60

btastarsky

If anyone is interested in supplements for working out, I've been testing a bunch of different stuff on myself over the last year. My current stack is this....

Pre-Workout(1 hour before workout):
GNC Amplified Creatine 189 (2)
GNC L-Glutamine (2)
GNC Beta-Alanine (2)
GNC L-Arginine (2)
Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump Max (2 scoops with 16 oz. water)

Post-Workout (immediately after last exercise)
Creatine 189 (2)
L-Glutamine (2)
Beta Alanine (2)
Gaspari Nutrition MyoFusion Protein Blend (2 scoops with 12 oz. water)
GNC Fish Oil

Non-Workout Days:
Gaspari Phenorex (2 pills per day, one morning one night)
Myofuision (2 scoops with 12 oz water, twice a day)

All of this stuff is available at your local GNC, Vitamin Shoppe

To date, I've lost 30 lbs and added an ass load of muscle. I hit the gym 3-4 times a week and vary my workouts every 4-5 weeks. If anyone has questions about these products or my workout, send me a pm.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen any updates recently, so I thought I would place up some updates for myself. I finished a round of P90X last week and thought I would post some results pictures (laugh if you must). These are comparison pics from Day 1 vs 60 vs 90. I plan to start another round next week and mix in some of the Insanity workouts.

JSP

Super Moderator
Nice man! (no homo ;)) I need to try this P90X thing... Im 215, not really fat, just not defined and I am getting some love handles! I would love to lose 20 pounds and get back down to 195-200.

I can usually stick with good eating habits and some working out for a little bit. I swing between 209 and 215 but I just cant stop myself from binge eating. Its when I actually start to notice some improvements, something happens, I get stressed and just say fuck it and eat really unhealthy and huge portions. I was doing really good until my accident and I just have not got into it since. I really need to. :surrender: