What Not To Wear (while riding)

ME_with_a_B

I'm just finally teaching myself how to be comfortable riding in jeans. I've worn my riding pants since the day they arrived (a week after I bought the bike) & at first riding without them on felt like driving without a seat-belt... I felt NAKED!!

But now I'm getting a little more used to it... and so it doesn't make it so awkward when I ride to places I'll be socializing or running errands (the riding pants are a bit bulky b/c of the knee & hip pads and really get hot when not moving in the wind).

But I feel better now b/c I finally have my riding boots, which before, I was wearing only gym-shoes. So at least now I have adequate ankle & lower leg protection while in my jeans.

But still, if I'm going out riding simply for the sake of riding -- I'll wear my riding pants. B/C they're sexxy. :p

Oh... and I ALWAYS wear a riding jacket, gloves, and my helmet. ALWAYS.

JnT4Life

What about riding jeans? Are they no good? I'm sure a suit of armor would be best when you crashed, but there has to be a comprimise.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

ME_with_a_B

Also I have my jacket zipped to my pants so neither one will separate and expose anything should I take a slide on the asphalt.
The other nice thing about zipping jacket together with pants is when you're riding at higher speeds, the jacket won't rise up and expose your back to the sometimes cold air. Makes for a more comfortable ride. :thumbup:

Chip

Yeah I always wear my gloves, helmet, boots, and jacket. The thing I need however is riding pants.. They are pretty expensive and I'd have to wash them often..

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
No way could you fit anything other than tight skinny jeans or UnderArmor type tights under my leather pants. They're not exactly tight by any means, but they're pretty thick and bulky and anything under that's not skin tight would be uncomfortable I think.
Guess I need to look into some pants... How are you liking the new XTi pants?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

arkkornkid

LOL.... 2 dudes on a Ninja 250, wow.... they were getting nowhere fast

joloy133

The best protection is a one piece race suit. If it protects you best at high speed, it'll do the job at any speed. Anything less is a compromise for comfort, fashion, etc. (So......How many are changing their attire to race suits?)

bmw675

looks like they were in the right turn lane... maybe going to that 'econo lodge'? (not that there's anything wrong with that)
you took that entire comment right out of my mouth. :D

JonKerr

Elite Member

streetmaster

We had an ad campain here over summer. Showed a baby Ninja down & the rider had been wearing shorts & T-shirt. Arms & legs ripped up.
Slogan underneath - If it's too hot for gear, it's too hot to ride!!

gearhead

I think the guy on the back of the Kawa 250 just fried his leg on the exhaust! LOL Again, a good reason to wear your gear!

gearhead

Insure Gal

This guy has to win the all time Squid award for sure!!!

he lets "nothing" come between him and his bike!