What don't you like about your FZ6R?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

06330i

Speed doesn't bother me as it's not a SS, topping out at 130 or so is fine. You hit something though that I missed. The single headlight. I love the R6/R1 headlight and wish they could have brought that to the 6R. I've changed most of my bike except handlebars (adjusted them forward and rolled back). Getting clip ons soon. You think you wouldn't complain about the stock R6, but you'd want a FE, shorty shifters, TBR exhaust, etc, etc. LOL! Everyone mods. My buddy has all the same mods I pretty much have, but for his R6. Modding is addictive and contagious.
Haha, yea we all do get the modding bug, I've had it for a while :rolleyes:
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this bike, but I've got a bad bad speed bug lol.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

RoadTrip

Haha, yea we all do get the modding bug, I've had it for a while :rolleyes:
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this bike, but I've got a bad bad speed bug lol.
Well, like John said, the FZ6R is plenty fast for street riding; but, I had to know what all the fuss was about with SS, and I had to own one to learn for myself, I am kinda that way with everything; well, now I know, yes a 600SS is faster than the FZ6R, but that power is up top and it is a very energetic experience, definitely exhilarating, but its a lot of energy being transmitted through you above 10K RPM, I just found out at my last service that there are 2 fuel maps on the gixxer, and they cross over, so the top end becomes fully onto this other map and you can feel the bike become very manic above 10K (where the last 30hp reside).

Like I said its exciting, but its a lot of energy, not exactly a relaxed situation. So, I would spend a lot of time thinking about whether you want more HP on the next bike, or more torque (e.g. FZ8 or FZ1). That said, a 600ss keeps you interested cause you are challenged by it, kinda like trying to ride a wild horse, but sometimes you just wish you had one that wasn't so wild.

efforex

I personally love mine 2012 ZX6R i can't ride the fz6r anymore

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Grumpy

I won't go the SS route because of the ergos, but have ridden R1/R6, and Gixxer 750. Gixxer was the most comfortable of the three. Never been on a Honda so can't compare the ergo. I'm thinking FZ1 with a lower fairing (available for some years) or my first choice Ninja 1000. Not getting rid of the 6R though. How are the CBR ergos?

My CBR 1000 is comfortable (this is relative) it is a small bike 440 lbs wet. However, for my 6' 1" frame I can ride it for hours and hours with no complaints. Though adjustable rear sets would be nice but not a deal breaker.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Grumpy

The things I didn't like about my FZ6r.. The transmission was funky and didn't shift well. The thing that got me the most was the top heaviness of the bike.

Grumpy

Thanks, Grumpy! Never sat on a CBR. Don't plan on upgrading anytime soon (certainly not this year), but I will keep all my options open. Now with a lot more experience I feel confident on taking bikes for test rides, where before I was very hesitant.

Since I know the owner of the store I purchased the bike at. I was able to get out and ride a couple of bikes before I pulled the trigger on the CBR (R1, R6, CBR600). If you can do test rides do it. :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

RoadTrip

I personally love mine 2012 ZX6R i can't ride the fz6r anymore

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Yep, once you taste power, it does seem like it would be hard to go backwards, I really think more torque would be the next step for me. 848 SF would be great, but it's overpriced; FZ1, FZ8, Ninja 1000, CB1000, Z1000 are all contenders, I prolly stay with Japanese for dealer support. Ninja 1000 could be a great 'gentleman's sportbike' for us older guys. I think even the heavier FJR could be great, but further down the road in my mid-50's.

Grumpy

Wow, your at least the second person that mentioned shifting (might be more). I love the way my 6R shifts and neutral is always easy to find. I know many here say the type of oil you use makes a huge difference and everyone has their preference. What kind and brand did you use?
Yamalube*. The problems I had seen on mine and my friends FZ6r were shifting out of neutral, false neutrals, and down shifting when at a stop when not in first. My 2011 and my friends 2012 both did the same thing. You get used to it and how to counter it while riding.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

moreno12

For me to a new b on bikes is a great bike the only thin I don't like about it is the exhaust dam is ugly and expensive to change other then that I love it

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
S

Schybrid

alot of ppl have said power, is the power lacking that much ?

what bike would be 1 step above the FZ6R, regardless of cost, and with cost ?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member