What don't you like about your FZ6R?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

The ergos on the FZ1 (lean, knee bent) are almost identical to the FZ6R, while the Ninja 1K allows for more forward lean, that IMO is better for the back since the weignt distribution is less on a spine.
While it does allow for a couple degrees more forward lean you can still just nut up on the tank and take the slight pressure off the wrists. I like it for extended rides because I can easily switch back and forth allowing me to keep comfortable for my several hour treks around the cities. I've been meaning to make time to go and visit marthy on his side of the state but school owns every aspect of my life right now....

I personally like the angle the bars are mounted at as I don't get uncomfortable while riding while leaning on the bars. On the Vulcan 900 I had to angle my bad wrist to keep it from hurting while riding.

Alex6

While it does allow for a couple degrees more forward lean you can still just nut up on the tank and take the slight pressure off the wrists. I like it for extended rides because I can easily switch back and forth allowing me to keep comfortable for my several hour treks around the cities. I've been meaning to make time to go and visit marthy on his side of the state but school owns every aspect of my life right now....

I personally like the angle the bars are mounted at as I don't get uncomfortable while riding while leaning on the bars. On the Vulcan 900 I had to angle my bad wrist to keep it from hurting while riding.
I mentioned the more forward lean on the Ninja as a positive point. I believe the sitting position in the FZ6R/FZ1 is too upright.

BoneJj

I mentioned the more forward lean on the Ninja as a positive point. I believe the sitting position in the FZ6R/FZ1 is too upright.
And I was agreeing.

Though I don't feel that you can have too much of an upright angle as long as you know how to handle the position. Though for me I didn't like the height of the bars on the FZ1 but a lot of other do. For me they were too low and made for an odd position for myself but I'm an odd person.

The one thing I really didn't like about the FZ1 though was the width of the tank/area in front of the seat. Just excessive width in that area.

that and I got a wicked awesome deal on the Ninja 1k, lol.