What do you do for a living?

tzrox

Motion graphics designer at an advertising agency. I create 2D and 3D animations for a wide range of uses. Everything from tv commercials to tradeshow booths. Used to be a programmer/developer but find myself liking the animation side of things a bit more.

BKP

Design data center infrastructures, and Cloud IT environments...

Actually, used to be fun...

Now, after reading all this, I want to sell $4.5M luxury private turbo-props...

DnCrslp09

I'm a cake decorator at a local supermarket... lol

Finishing up my bachelor's degree, and then I'm going into the Air Force as a pilot though. :)

Maadi

Quality Control laboratory supervisor for a biotechnology company that manufactures raw materials for companies that make test kits for detecting/monitoring different types of tumors. So if you go to get your CEA, Ca19-9, Ca125, Ca15-3 etc. test done, the test kit might have a component in it that I approved.

BD1966

19 years as Sales / Application Engineer for one of the nation's best material handling system integrators
- mostly conveyor systems for manufacturing facilities and distribution centers

redbird00

Production team leader for Toyota motor manufacturing Texas. Building the tundra and tacoma.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Bert-Aus

Landscape Architect, I design playgrounds, public parks and open spaces for local government, housing development worrk from time to time. Skateparks for ten years prior to this gig. Some graphics and industrial design related stuff too from time to time.

Crpngdth

I work for a pharmaceutical company in the QC department. I basicly read over data and put it into reports and present it to upper management. It's always amusing to watch mba's listening to technical bio-chemical jargon. If i only had a nickel for everytime i've heard "so what does that mean???" or had an eyebrow raised at me.

Nova87

These are some cool jobs. It always amazes me how many different ways there are to make a living.

I feel like a nerd, probably because my job is as a corporate tax planner for a large financial company. I basically dream up ways to not pay taxes.

Glad to be a part of this group.

killabee

I work for Pepsi in CA on the manufacturing side. I'm part of their Operations Management Program for recent college grads. Basically I see first hand how soda is manufactured from start to finsh, and I supervise the front line.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

FZ6Rob85

I work for a pharmaceutical company in the QC department. I basicly read over data and put it into reports and present it to upper management. It's always amusing to watch mba's listening to technical bio-chemical jargon. If i only had a nickel for everytime i've heard "so what does that mean???" or had an eyebrow raised at me.
Which company if you don't mind my asking? I have friends in PA that work for a pharmaceutical company as well.

06330i

I'm a pizza "chef" at a local establishment, we've been around since 1953. Rated #12 in the nation by GQ magazine for best pizza. I've been doing this for around 7 years or so and like it. Although I am back in school now and am getting my certification in motorcycle repair.

DragonBlu

I have made a good living as a mechanic for over forty years. Currently managing and maintaining for a fleet of 20 vans and cars at a University. Also keeping 26 golf carts running. Also a small sideline in Law Enforcement over the years.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Grumpy

Information data security analyst. I'm a white hat, because everything i did they told me to do. :D

Nova87

Interesting, what company is it if you don't mind me asking? My wife works at an accounting firm, but she is taking her last CPA exam today, hopefully this is the end of that!
Tell your wife good luck! Thankfully that's out of the way (for me). Who does she work for? I spent a good 8-9 years in public the last of which was for E&Y in NYC.

Currently I work for CIT Group in Livingston. We are looking for Tax Seniors in our federal group. Let me know if it is something she may be interested in. You can PM me if you'd like.