What do you do for a living?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I build and test surface analysis equipment for ultra high vacuum test chambers.

Sputter ion guns, water desorption systems, Picoammeters, and other such equipment.

Basic concept is that you put in a non organic material such as metals, or other items. It gets hit with a sputter ion gun which knocks off the carbon layer that everything has on it. It is then hit with another high power gun and an x-ray analyzer/microscope or other analyzes and can measure exactly what elemental compounds are in that material. This way when someone says this is 99.99% copper, we make and service the stuff that can prove or disprove that claim. Lots of colleges and universities have this equipment and large businesses and labs. Pretty interesting stuff.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

I currently work at tire shop, doing some shop work, but mostly supervising and front-counter sales. It is as boring as it sounds. I am currently in a hiring competition with the Canada Borser Services Agency. As with Government, North or South of the border, it is a slow process. So for now, tires tires tires...

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

DubiousDrummer

I'm a soldier in the US Army. A linguist to be specific. I speak Dari (Afghani). I work in the commo field, bit details about my job are kinda classified... :p

Michael Wilson

I'm a motorcycle tech. Yamaha, suzuki, and kawisaki certified incase you were wondering. So I get paid to make things go faster and watch them blow up on occasion!

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

RooKie

I'm a web designer/developer for a travel advertising company. I use HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, ActionScript 3, Photoshop, and Flash. It's not as cool as I thought it would be before I started, but it pays the bills, haha.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

LS6TT

I'm the head of e-Commerce operations for the largest jeweler in North America. Responsible for customer service, customer experience, fraud, fulfillment, etc.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

I have an airframe and powerplant license and have been working as a uh60(blackhawk) helicopter mechanic at fort rucker alabama for the last 10 years. Pretty much since ive been out of high school. I was 21 when i started. Man its crazy how the years pass by so quickly!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

r0ar

I am an Armed Security Officer working for sweet pay to just sit and watch an empty building on nights and weekends. I get to catch up on all movies and tv shows while getting paid from your tax dollars :)