What do you do for a living?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

darksidefz6r

I'm a heavy equipment operator for a steel mill service company. We are on a nucor steel site in Indiana. I operate what is called a slag pot carrier, but can run many other types of heavy equipment and do so when the mill is down such as front end loaders, large dump trucks, excivators, ect. I take the liquid slag from the steel furnaces and dump it into large pits that we turn into other products based on size. In basic terms, I get to drive the same type of equipment that we used to play with in a sand box.

DakinechicK

Yep turbo prop. Only airplane people truly understand how bad a** these planes really are. Harrison Ford owns one. Angelina Jolie n Brad Pitt, Kurt Russell, etc. Don't be too "big talk" until you know what a wittle ol prop plane is capable of, my dears. :cool: (I knew it was sarcasm Jacob ;))

I get to fly around in em and love em!

Brock Kickass

I figured you did, but you're pretty popular around here, and I didn't want to get banned or something by someone who thought I was just some dope with lots of money and no tact. I am, in fact, the exact opposite.

Chucker

I'm Director of Transborder & Interline Operations for Canada's largest LTL carrier. We also partner with one of the US' largest carriers.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

FSXlover

I work for a 27 hole golf course. I am part of the grounds crew. I do all kinds of things such as cut greens and tees, weed eat, groom sand bunkers, and check the condition on greens on hot days.(We also have to pick up every leaf and stick haha)

We also have little projects such as tearing up and re-pouring concrete cart paths that are bumpy and cracked, fixing drainage systems and so on.

I'm only 18 but I am getting a lot of equipment experience. If this job doesn't work out I guess I'll look into operating heavy equipment because I really enjoy driving the big tractors haha.

Enjarin

Elite Member

DakinechicK

Props arent that great anymore about 12-17k. Now Turbo, you are good from the get go up to I believe around 24k, though usual cruising will be anywhere in the 12-18k range. (if I remember my aeronautics classes correctly.. though that is several years ago).
Cruising altitude is 30,000.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

6R Blackout

I sell these. And I am the top salesman in the world for 10 years running. 4.5 Million and you can have one too!

Oh wait, that's what my husband does. :D (Sorry, am just so proud of him!! So I like to brag)

As for me?? I am just a lil ol housewife. I used to work in Trauma and a tech in Craniofacial, Head and Neck surgery.
Can I just write you a check for one?:D

6R Blackout

I'm oilfield trash.
I can relate I have worked alot of construction in and out of both chemical plants and oil refineries. Comon man we not trash though!:thumbup:

6R Blackout

My dad (Retired) and brother work in the oilfield in Louisiana. My brother is a landman.
You kind of a Louisiana girl, maybe a little?:D

Botty12

Shizzammm some cool jobs!!!

I work 3...I'm a personal trainer, a tutor for the Office for Persons with Disabilites at the university I graduated from, and I work at a vegan juice bar (but I ain't vegan. I wear Bacon Strips shirts to work. haha)

But. Going to firefighting school in Texas early next year. SO PUMPED! Can't wait to get my ass kicked.

6R Blackout

We really do have a diverse group of people, on the forum. Maybe thats why this is the best forum out there!

Bradlockard

Nah... Can't call yourself that!!
Your a Roughneck?
Haha it's not derogatory to call yourself oilfield trash. its just a term of endearment for all us oilmen. Been in the oilfield for around 9 years now, I was driller on a land rig in west texas until the idiots on the other hitch burnt the rig down. Much love to all my fellow oilfield workers!!!

Dustin600

I aquired my dream job back in 2007 when I started working for Hershey Entertainment as an amusement park rides mechanic. I work on everything from water rides to kiddie rides to roller coasters. I absolutely love my job!

Nyuu

Communication Security and Wing Information Assurance Office. I handle the crypto aspect of, uh, planes :) I love it. The USAF really takes care of it's own.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2