What did you do to your bike today?

MikeH

Polished her up. Cleaned and lubed the chain. Fuel stabilizer and put on the cover for the winter. :( soing can't come soon enough!

ch33zecake

Just got back from Orange County. Now I'm about to head to the gym and swim a couple of laps. I'm fortunate to live in SoCal to be able to ride like this all year long.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

_Challe_

Why didn't they run it to redline? Looks like your peak comes earlier than mine, mine doesn't drop out until after 11k rpm. What mods have you done?
This bike has a full ixil exhaust, powercommander 5, after market filter.
They also connected a cable to the pc5 for mapping each gear.

I dont know the reason for not going to redline.

I think they had problems getting a good tune, like on my black bike they didnt manage at all. (Think this was due the stock ecu dual map?)

I didnt get a clear answer becouse they didnt know what the problem was, i think this was the first bike dyno with this kind of mods here.

Could it be that my peak comes earlier due my headers? Or do you maybe run a full exhaust aswell?
(Not sure if thats the correct name for it, i ment the first part of exhaust)

Thanks for posting the dyno on yours :)

/Charlie

Last edited:

AndoniKov

Oooh Yeah! Not as good as running twisties, but sometimes the best you can do is walk by and lightly run your fingertips down the fairing, all the while dreaming of the roads to come...

Motorcycle sex. Some will get it, most will not.
+1 :thumbup: :Sport:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

_Challe_

Nice :)

Was reading about this block off plate before but was told its not needed.
Was mainly to prevent popping.

Maybe i should put that on and redo the map.

My bike doesnt pop much atm doe.
The few pops thats there aint loud at all.

I think that at the dyno they just pinch a tube to get the same effect, but i might be wrong :p

What is ais?
Something to help against polution?

Last edited:

Bert-Aus

This bike has a full ixil exhaust, powercommander 5, after market filter.
They also connected a cable to the pc5 for mapping each gear.

I dont know the reason for not going to redline.

I think they had problems getting a good tune, like on my black bike they didnt manage at all. (Think this was due the stock ecu dual map?)

I didnt get a clear answer becouse they didnt know what the problem was, i think this was the first bike dyno with this kind of mods here.

Could it be that my peak comes earlier due my headers? Or do you maybe run a full exhaust aswell?
(Not sure if thats the correct name for it, i ment the first part of exhaust)

Thanks for posting the dyno on yours :)

/Charlie
IMO Sounds more like they dont know what they are doing, that is a common behaviour from a service provider. When they get stumped on what they are charging you for, they dont provide any reason or reccomendation.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

testme504

Picked up my new bike

Yesterday i picked up my new bike!!! Its a new2013 Yamaha FZ6R blue,whte,black. Me an my buddy rode for 2 hrs even though it was 28°. So excited. Im new to the fourm an wanted to say Hi to the fourm.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

lark

Well I went and visited vineyard :cool:
excellent day!

I started the Targa fender eleminator last night and it got dark/cold so TODAY I finished it up, rode the bike to the dealer to have them check brakes (they resurface the pads since they were grinding NEW). excellent first real day/ride with the bike! loving it already. can't wait to get an exhaust installed.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member