What did you do to your bike today?

Axis527

First post! Been checking out this forum for info since I got my first bike this past Nov (greatest Black Friday purchase ever). She is a 2009 FZ6R Raven, and I am in love. Anywho, finally got around to registering and will try to add pics of today's mods. Weather is finally breaking here in MA so I added a fender eliminator, Shogun frame sliders, and red reflective wheel tape in preparation for the season. Looking forward to testing that at night.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Richie21

I don't have smoked lens on my signals or tail light, but to my knowledge the smoked versions are just as bright. The smoked lenses hide led bulbs which are very pronounced and some people don't like them showing. In PA I believe smoked lenses are technically illegal, but see cars and bikes with them. I'm sure it reduces brighteness a little though.

Yea I'm pretty sure it's illegal in California too. I suppose you're right about them being just as bright. But I've never personally had any.

blkbrd

Elite Member

aburnett

I personally don't understand smoked tail lights. I would want everyone to see me on such a small vehicle, especially at night. :confused: But to each their own I guess
To be honest, they seem just as bright. Stock tail light is just one bulb in the red tail light casing. This integrated light has many bulbs. You can also get a clear one, but I preferred the tinted after watching videos for both.

aburnett

I just installed a TBR full exhaust and the power commander 5 a couple days ago as well! Loaded the TBR map and everything is running well. Sounds great, almost a little too loud while riding through the neighborhood

Richie21

To be honest, they seem just as bright. Stock tail light is just one bulb in the red tail light casing. This integrated light has many bulbs. You can also get a clear one, but I preferred the tinted after watching videos for both.

Well that's good. I do like the look of it too I've just had friends that smoked their own lights and had problems getting pulled over frequently so I rather not go through the hassle. Looks clean. And I plan on buying a TBR full system when I get home. Heard good things about them :thumbup:

chopper71

Just did my first oil change today. Finally the weather permitted me to get this done. The bike is at 749 miles and I know its late getting this done. Used K&N oil filter and Castrol Power RS Racing 4T motor oil. The old oil is pretty dark so I'm glad its now done. Also have the fairings tore down and exhaust removed. My TB exhaust will be here tomorrow. Stoked about that, can't wait to get it installed.

Last edited:

chopper71

Yea I'm pretty sure it's illegal in California too. I suppose you're right about them being just as bright. But I've never personally had any.
Hell I think everything is illegal here in VA. If the state can't make money in it. Then they are not having it. Gotta love a Commonwealth state, NOT.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

chopper71

Just got my TB exhaust on and WOW. That thing growls like crazy. Not only that it will spit fire out the end. My PCV should be here within the next few days I'm hoping. I will show some pics later.

Mike.Elofson

Just installed flush mount LED turn signals. FE, tail light, and sliders to come after I run to the hardware store tomorrow to pick up some tools!

Also, even though it wasn't done *to* my bike, I passed my motorcycle endorsement test today!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

jammer

Installed Zero Gravity Double bubble windscreen