What did you do to your bike today?

ej'sfz

Installed new chain and sprockets today... jt sprockets and an rk x-ring chain. Did an oil change and went from amsoil to red line because they ran out of 10/40 and actually the motor is a bit quieter and pretty smooth.
But holy crap that chain lube is hard to get off after 17k in all those damn crevices! !

Last edited:

Recvery

Bout to ride over to the shop, steal a break lever of my yzf, and somehow get it to fit a 636 lol

My buddy went for his first ride in the hillcountry yesterday and ended up trying to ride home at night. He saw a deer in mid corner and tapped the front brakes.... So i've been zip tying fairings back together for the last two days.

Bert-Aus

Just got home from boys weekend away for a "bucks" show.
Was able to borrow a YZ450 & WR450 to ride some trails and beach flats.

Really my first time riding sand & single track on anything larger than 250. I was bit daunted at first so I took easy.
But it was hellish fun pushing the bike down (without leaning) & drifting out of turns.
Mm me thinks a dirtie may be on the horizon:D

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Maadi

I rode the dragon today!!! And survived! Went slow, was kinda scared. At that speed it wasn't so bad, and fortunately due to the weather there were very few people out there, so I wasn't in the way. Trying to go out there again Tue or Wed, maybe I won't be so terrified the next time. :)

And also did some of the Cherohala skyway. Which was a great stretch of road, except we hit some weather, and basically rode inside a cloud for a while. It's tough to see in there... Coming down back out of the cloud was good, but then the road was wet with leaves, and slippery...

All in all so far a very successful vacation. We have done two on-road repairs on my husband's FJR, and none on my FZ6R!

blkbrd

Elite Member

Maadi

Awesome area to ride!! I was down there on Labour Day weekend. My cousin is down there right now. Keep it centre or right of centre on the Dragon to avoid the 'racer boys' crossing the yellow, and use the pull offs if someone shows up in your mirrors. Hwy 73 and 441 into Cherokee N.C. is a great ride also. You could loop back up 28 to the Dragon. Have a great and safe trip!!
That's the loop we're doing today!

Bert-Aus

Installed a double bubble race screen and screwed up a well nut
-so I ordered some more;)

blkbrd

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

Maadi

We are back from our super awesome and awesomely super (insert your own super awesome adjectives here) motorcycle trip of awesomeness!

..... And now Gracie is sitting in the garage waiting for a bath, extra good chain cleaning and an oil change....

But the vacation was, well, extra super awesome!! :D

xinu

Beautiful day in Eastern Ontario

It was a beautiful day here in Eastern Ontario. Sun shining with the wind blowing leaves across the roads. Only a handful of rides left before cold sets in for good.

Went for a spectacular ride in ideal conditions. Only a few hundred klicks (miles) to go and then time to drain the break-in oil and replace with dino and filter for winter hibernation in her garage stall. It's going to be a long wait 'til spring.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

abyss1406

Changed my fork oil to 15w bel ray. Way stiffer suspension. Feels awesome.just need to change my rear shock meow. Also put my clip ons below the top triple plate. Feels good too, but need to adjust the throttle and clutch cables because they are too tight

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Maadi

Hit my rev limiter today for the very first time. On first gear. :D Should have shifted a second earlier, but it was still fun...

My husband is calling me a hooligan... :cool:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member