What did you do to your bike today?

ajones70

Counter clock wise... M04 if you program a cnc machine. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
I have to say M04 to my husband?? Lmao jk.... Ya i realized what ccw was as soon as I pressed submit reply ...... We dont have a cnc machine :(

ajones70

Mine was tight but not impossible. The filter was a beotch without a filter wrench though. KN204 I a godsend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
Oh the filter was fine to take off..... This bolt is beyond tight. He out his weight behind it and it started to round off so had to stop so as not to damage it

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ajones70

I'd buy a new bolt then. Don't wanna strip the head and not be able to get it off. I used screwdriver to remove filter, messy!

Dealer is 10mins from work. Going to take it there. They put bike together for me so they can loosen the bolt abit!
Filter was simple to take off .... Oh and put right back on!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

kyffo

Track Day

On Tuesday I stripped by bike (removed mirrors, grab handles and rear fender) and took it to Queensland raceway. This was my (and my bike's) first track day. I spent the day going around the track with a hole lot of more powerful bikes. My baby performed really well. On the long straight I hit 193 km/h regularly and then would hit the anchors at about the 200m mark and hang on while she slowed down enough to make the 180 deg. double apex bend. Took the rest of the corners brilliantly and I managed to grind a few mm off each foot peg (I had already removed the hero nobs for added clearance).

I sent the entire last session battling a Ducati 998. I could get him under brakes and around the bends but not enough power to get past and he would pull away on the straights.

I tortured my baby and she held up well. Some gentle road riding for a while now.

BoneJj

Mine was tight but not impossible. The filter was a beotch without a filter wrench though. KN204 I a godsend.

Seeing as you are getting rid of the filter there is a simple solution to a stuck on filter and lack of filter wrench.

Take a decent size screw driver and slam it through the filter and twist away. Works like a charm when you get one that doesn't have the socket on the top to make taking it off easy as can be.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

gado

Rode my bike into work today with the new tires, the bike is easier to lean into turns. It caught me off guard, I was a little concerned. I guess because the tire is rounder.

ajones70

1,000km done

Hit 1,000km:D
When I got to work I was at 996km....so I rode 2km down rode and 2km back to hit the 1,000km mark lol...........going to dealer right from work to get that darn oil bolt slacked off slightly :banghead:..........fingers crossed oil change will then be done tonite.........

Attachments

ajones70

Ya, not a bad idea. If the bolt is that tight the thread might come out with it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Went to dealers, they said it was crazy tight and was the right thing to take it to them. Slackened it alittle, ya know Marty CCW lol. Most of the bikes are coming straight from the factory like that now apparently. Chatted to a few of the guys there, came home, hubby did most of the oil change for me, took it out for a spin and alls well ;)

JonKerr

Elite Member

ReChUcK

I just parked my 2009 Blue in my parents' garage, finishing a 5,546 mile road trip that started in Seattle and ended in Dallas. Then, I got to work removing the red clay from a few key nooks and crannies.

Then I poured some Arrogant Bastard Ale on the rear tire and chugged the rest myself.

Hey guys, long time no see. Recall that I used to post here as ChUcK but somehow lost access despite numerous attempts to contact the mods a year or two back (ahem, mods, you lazy deadbeats) ;)

xleeb0y13x

I just parked my 2009 Blue in my parents' garage, finishing a 5,546 mile road trip that started in Seattle and ended in Dallas. Then, I got to work removing the red clay from a few key nooks and crannies.

Then I poured some Arrogant Bastard Ale on the rear tire and chugged the rest myself.

Hey guys, long time no see. Recall that I used to post here as ChUcK but somehow lost access despite numerous attempts to contact the mods a year or two back (ahem, mods, you lazy deadbeats) ;)
WOW! Now that's a dirty girl. That's a helluva long trip.

Sent while running with scissors.