What did you do to your bike today?

BoneJj

I just parked my 2009 Blue in my parents' garage, finishing a 5,546 mile road trip that started in Seattle and ended in Dallas. Then, I got to work removing the red clay from a few key nooks and crannies.

Then I poured some Arrogant Bastard Ale on the rear tire and chugged the rest myself.

Hey guys, long time no see. Recall that I used to post here as ChUcK but somehow lost access despite numerous attempts to contact the mods a year or two back (ahem, mods, you lazy deadbeats) ;)
I see no image....

ReChUcK

Whoops, must have messed up the photobucket link. I started a travel thread with pics, which in hindsight was a more appropriate place for the post. It's the Intimate Entomology thread.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

BKP

New set of tires today... re-did the Michelin PR2s... Should have them scrubbed by tomorrow, then off to Blood...

BoneJj

excellent buy on the RAM mount setup, they are pricey but worth it.

Though you should have looked at getting one of the nut replacements for the triple tree that has a mount setup on it. I just found out I could have gotten one for my bike recently. I'm going to be ordering it pretty soon, after I stop blowing cash on other things...

They make them for your bike as well. Would make for a much more secure mount. The Stem mount setup from RAM isn't the best. You really need to jam it in the hole before you decide to make your cuts. Even then it's not that sturdy IMO.

As for video recording, don't record with your phone standing up like that, turn it on it's side and you will get proper 16x9 wide screen video. Though you may want the longer RAM arm for that, that's why I got the longer arm for my system.

Good video overall though, it should help a lot of people.

Last edited:

Idiosynocracy

Got her ready to go up into the mountains on saturday. : )

Bert-Aus

Changed out my indicators to new ones (+Rep for JT)

Adjusted my chain ready for tomorrow's ride with my brother:steve:

gado

Changed out my indicators to new ones (+Rep for JT)

Adjusted my chain ready for tomorrow's ride with my brother:steve:
How is the brightness of the rear indicators? I am looking to go to LED rear indicators but they all seem to be not very bright.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

Bert-Aus

This is more what happened to my bike today. I was at my friends house and their drunk neighbor decided he wanted to push my bike over. :mad: Called the cops and of course all i get from them is there's nothing we can do... but i don't know how there isn't a scratch on it thankfully!!
That is F*****D UP!
So how many times will this neighbour run it to your clenched fist?

Bert-Aus

How is the brightness of the rear indicators? I am looking to go to LED rear indicators but they all seem to be not very bright.
They are alot brighter than my previous indicators, lit up the garage when testing them.
The timing is very fast, may need a regulator to slow the flash time down?:shrug:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

abyss1406

almost traded her in for a FZ1.... backed out though

ajones70

Got up to 117kmph today on a 3 lane major highway and rode down a 5 lane road!!!! Wasnt as scary as I thought it would be.... Getting there bit by bit!!