What did you do to your bike today?

Idiosynocracy

I went and finally got the oil filter and the oil for my girl. Going to do a video on how to do the oil change on an FZ6R so people can get a better idea on where the oil filter is and whatnot. Figured it would be an easy video to do.

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

Hope you have a cap wrench to remove the stock filter if this is your first oil change. I should have bought one, but didn't like a dummy and used a combination of channel locks and screwdriver method. Sucked and made a mess.
Nah I'm at about 3300 miles. I (being the misinformed idiot then) had to do that same method you used. But I got the K&N filter after first changes so it should be a LOT easier this time around. I have Yamalube in it because I went to the dealership and they suggested their own stuff of course. SO I went with it. THe life of the oil sucked. At about 2k miles on the life, my bike had it's first mis-shift. In the past 3-4 weeks my gear shift lever has been sticking and I've had 2 more mis-shifts. I figured change the oil and get that crap out of my bike. Went with Motul this time because a lot of the forum members (along with the guys at cycle gear) swear by it.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

LOL! I also switched to KN204 at first change and went right to Mobil 1 Synthetic 4T Racing. I know oil is a much debated topic and Mobil 1 is $11 a quart, but it runs and shifts great.
Exactly. What oil and gas you put in your bike are like a conservative having a chat with a liberal. lol But I look at any information about those kinds of things to be good information. Especially people who are die-hard about it. They tend to do their research and leave little room for me to have to do a lot of work. Usually they do the work for me. All I have to do is read what they say about things and make comparisons to how I ride and go with whoever is closer to how I ride. lol

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

As requested...
I do like the idea of that extender. I might have to get something like that for my bike. That would make getting stuck in the rain a little more tolerable.

I need to find a much longer tire huger for my bike though. That's one thing that I want to get done as It would be nice to not have so many rocks and crap thrown up under the rear section of the bike. And when it rains it would help to keep less water on the back of my legs or on the back of my passengers legs.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member