What did you do to your bike today?

BoneJj

Haha, was gonna say take a passenger so they can deflect the water. I haven't been caught far from home in the rain so no problems. I won't commute to work if there's a chance of rain since it's 40 miles roundtrip almost all highway or freeway.
Yeah, the last time I let the passenger take the rain she was a little upset when we stopped. Her butt was soaked and her legs. But I was able to stop the complaining by well, just keeping her wet for a while longer. lol

I've gotten stuck in the rain a number of times over the years and it's a pain in the butt but oh well. Just means I have to spend some time cleaning her up.

I do need to do a good redo of the chain here shortly. I need to get all the gunk off the sprockets and take the front cover off and get all up under there. It's a bit of a pain in the butt but once it's down it will be nice and shiny for all of about maybe 20-30 miles. lol.

I'm also looking to replace the exhaust I have with some R-77 Yoshis but that is going to have to wait a while yet.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ej'sfz

cleaned the chain, polished her up.... headed to lake quyamaca for some sunrise fishing in the a.m. fishing poles and tackle fit perfect in a backpack..:thumbup:

chris d

Was going to do yard work, really!

Beautiful day in New England; looking at my hedge clippers on the wall next to my FZ6R. Don't know how, but I found myself wearing my jacket, helmet, gloves, and boots--so I threw a leg over and took off.

60 miles later, I was having coffee in Lenox, MA, at Lenox Coffee--great dark roast, by the way. Back roads and turns all the way there from CT.

Took in an early play at Shakespeare and Company, and then froze my tail all the way home in the dark. Didn't know I'd be home late, forgot a sweater, and it got cold when the sun sets.

Pulled into my local Starbucks and had a hot chocolate for dinner. Put the bike in the garage a couple of hours ago. Should do this every nice day until school starts and I go back to teaching (8 days left!).

Idiosynocracy

Did an oil change. Holy cow the difference is astounding. (new oil always feels so good... *drool*) but even when I did the 600 mile service, replacing it with the yamalube didn't feel this good or smooth while riding. Defintely did a great choice with the Motul. Next oil change, I'll be trying out the Mobil 1 oil.

BTW STAY AWAY FROM YAMALUBE! After about 2k miles of the life of the oil, I started having mis-shifts. I changed the oil today and it was a very dark brown. Nasty looking stuff. Glad I got that crap out of my Beautiful lady!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

Had my bike out the other day after changing to Mobil 1 Synthetic and love it. Shifts were smooth as butter and fresh cleaned and lubed chain was nice and quiet.
Oh yeah. It feels so good. Tomorrow is cleaning day for me. I'm going to take off all the fairings, and giver her a good and proper wash. Get up in there and clean her off. She needs it. Then I'll probably buff out the scratches on my tank and get a tank protector pad. I am in dire need of one.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

VRIIClubby

did alot getting ready for my first long ride,

Fitted a set of Oxford grips, fitted a 12V outlet, changed my headlight

Also got a bunch of new gear and a trick pair of new earplugs for the iphone, and upgraded some parts on my helmet, been a busy boy!

nervous atm awaiting my throttle lock to turn up, should have been here 3 days ago bot still a no show, postage from the US sucks and is bloody expensive!
hopefully it get's before the weekend or im gonna be a tad upset! (100km plus stretches of dead straight and flat rodes for quite awhile)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

xleeb0y13x

Was it due to be changed? Only reason I ask is because the filter in there from factory is high flow (just not reusable). Lots of people swap them out for kn's right away. That said, I will definitely swap one in when I'm due. Love kn filters!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
No it was actually fine. Only 1200 miles on it. Just a preferred thing to do. Same with the oil. Only 600 miles on what's in the bike but I wanna get the yamalube and some motul and k&n oil filter in. Took her out for a ride after then change and she felt more responsive.

Sent from the second bathroom stall to the left.