What did you do to your bike today?

PF2411

Installed Fender eliminator and center stand.

I installed a SW-Moto Center Stand I purchased from Twisted Throttle. It cost $135. It was a relatively easy install as it bolted right to the existing mounts. It looks like the bike was designed from the start to have a center stand. Installing the retraction spring was the only challenge but got that on after a few attempts. This is a great add on mod as it make chain and rear wheel maintenance so much easier as well as checking oil and fluids.

Fender eliminator was an e-bay purchase for $34.95 with free shipping. Just a simple light weight black power coated aluminum bracket. It lined up perfectly and accepted the original bolts with no problem. I used the existing turn signals as I like them nice and bright with the slower original flash rate. They went on on easy as well. I did have to order the plate light separately. I found a China made LED plate bolt light set for cheap cheap at $7 shipped. These replace the plate hold on screws. They stand up a half inch or so and have one bright LED in each pointing toward the plate face. I'll add those on when they arrive.

Attachments

Chucker

I thought about mine a lot. I'll probably check my battery tender this weekend so I have an excuse to look at the bottom of the tires under the cover.

FitZ6R

RODE IT!!!

First time this year.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

ajskillz13

Rode it for the first time this year! Just a 10 minute ride to work in 28 degree weather, but it was great nonetheless!

Might take a scenic route home... it's already up to 39 and I've got an hour and a half before we close up shop.

Man, it's good to ride again!

NoDoze

Stared at the newly installed ZX6R mirrors that I put on last night... Stared and stared at it some more at all angles. LOL

Got on the bike and adjusted the mirrors. Stepped off and stared at her some more. Hoping the rain goes away soon. :D

Note: Yes, I know, my garage is dirty :) Currently working on the yard. Lots of tools and dirt all over the place.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

MikeN02

Ok, finally!

Rode my bike today, got her some fuel. Took her to Harbor Freight and got the tamper proof hex key. Rode all the way over to my friend's garage to put on his PCV for his 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R.

Tested the Go Pro and I guess it isn't good quality indoors with artificial light. Recorded at 720p @ 60fps and edited with AVS video editor. Not sure if the editor took away some of the HD quality but looks like it didn't.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBOrQdRxdnI]YouTube - Installing Power Commander V - 2009 ZX6-R[/ame]

MikeN02

what is this?
Harbor freight is a amazing place where elves go to receive their tools to make toys.

Tamper proof hex key is like an allen key except with a circle in the middle of it. It's a "security" bolt kind of like how nintendo has their special tri-wing screws (3 way screw instead of 4) so that no one will tamper or mess with it.

First one I saw was a pack of bits that said security bits which had the tri-wing screw bit in it and these tamper torx bits as well. Had to use it to get off the bolt holding the zx6-r's steering damper so I can get the tank up/off.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MikeN02

I need one of those!!! :eek: I always wanted to take the shitter appart and pile all the panels in the corner at the mall... :D
The tamper proof bolts? Their such a pain... one website said I could tap and break the center of it to be a regular allen/hex key bolt but I reconsidered.

Bought both tools for the tamper proof bolts about $5 each. They come from T5 to T40.

Love Harbor Freight, it's like i'm walking into a candy store.

jgangoo

left the bike

left the bike and took my car to work as it looks like going to rain today, I am not a wet rider

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member