What did you do to your bike today?

mdgreene2001

Today I took my friends dogs for a walk and ended up on the ground with a jacked up ankle now... One of her dogs, a Rottweiler, took off to the right after a dog, the other stayed put, twisted my left foot, it popped, now I'm stuck in bed with a ankle brace... It's not broken but I won't be riding for a while... Can't hardly walk, def can't shift...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

Today I took my friends dogs for a walk and ended up on the ground with a jacked up ankle now... One of her dogs, a Rottweiler, took off to the right after a dog, the other stayed put, twisted my left foot, it popped, now I'm stuck in bed with a ankle brace... It's not broken but I won't be riding for a while... Can't hardly walk, def can't shift...
Take it from me, head off to the doctor tomorrow, and get started on your PT on Thursday. TRUST me. TRUST ME.

mdgreene2001

I went to drs already... Told to ice it and stay off it for a week. Screws up any chance of making a paycheck.... I guess I will have to make due

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

2013 Fz6r satin

3 quarts castrol oil syn,k&n oil filter 204...chain gets attention tomorrow!! The once used oil filter wrench (25404) will be going to the freebie side soon!!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

mdgreene2001

Took my baby for a quick 20 mile romp, been a little while since I rode (wrists are getting horribly bad-referred to surgeon by doctor last week). Pain wasn't too bad and had a blast. I'm trying to hold off surgery until after this riding season since I need both hands done. I got to test my Sena SMH5-2 on the road and I love it (with large speaker upgrade). I didn't have volume even close to maxed and it was plenty loud, but I could still hear road sounds. I really wanna use the 6R to commute to work, but there are thunderstorms forecast every day in the 10 day forecast and 20 mile ride one way. I'm not gonna chance being caught in a nasty thunderstorm. Attached is my post ride pic. Not a great pic because it was getting dark. Need to get my red Yamaha decals on soon.
There is a company that makes a throttle control so you don't have to move your wrist hardly at all...

Robby Moto Racing Adjustable Throttle Kit, PJ's Parts

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

Took my baby for a quick 20 mile romp, been a little while since I rode (wrists are getting horribly bad-referred to surgeon by doctor last week). Pain wasn't too bad and had a blast. I'm trying to hold off surgery until after this riding season since I need both hands done. I got to test my Sena SMH5-2 on the road and I love it (with large speaker upgrade). I didn't have volume even close to maxed and it was plenty loud, but I could still hear road sounds. I really wanna use the 6R to commute to work, but there are thunderstorms forecast every day in the 10 day forecast and 20 mile ride one way. I'm not gonna chance being caught in a nasty thunderstorm. Attached is my post ride pic. Not a great pic because it was getting dark. Need to get my red Yamaha decals on soon.
Yikes, do you have carpal tunnel syndrome? Hopefully you don't hurt yourself too much this season. Gah that sounds terrible. You can't take pain meds because it could possibly affect your awareness on the road so we don't want that. Ride safe out there man, and take care of yourself. *thumbs up*

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

Stop wanking so much! LOL Use the other hand once in a while... that's what I do! :D

My uncle had the surgery, it was pretty quick if I can remember... My wrist hurt a bit too on long ride. Just need to relax and use my throttle lock and the crampbuster. Ya... I use both.

Not easy to get hold! :spank:
That's the next thing I need to get, a throttle lock. I have the one I want bookmarked but I just spend several hundred bucks on parts and accessories for the bike.

Exhaust, RAM mounts, Contour+2 video cam, tail bag. I'm about tapped out.

JSP

Super Moderator

Idiosynocracy

Yes, severe carpal tunnel. Not going to injure it more. Thanks. Lots of yard work and my job aggravated it early this season. Don't wanna lose most of my riding season at this point. Whenever they're not calling for rain I wanna use the 6r to commute.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Man that sucks. When you do get the surgery, hopefully you have a speedy recovery!