Well I'm doing it (Plasti-Dip forks)

Rookasaki

Added a new vid and pic's up top!

Oh and for the record, I have money to powder coat if I wanted too. I think doing this was fun project. Dropping money and having someone else do the Job doesn't require any skill! :tard:

Hellgate

Plasti-DIP is for tools, not Yamahas....oh never mind...

Rookasaki

Just a reminder

Respect other members:
Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. You have the right to disagree with that opinion. You do not have the right to be rude, vulgar, or disrespectful in expressing your opposition. Flaming will not be tolerated!

Thanks.

CrazyCawi

Seriously? If u don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all. The guy just spent a bunch of time modding his bike and did the work himself why do you gotta dog on his efforts? The rook is one of the nicest people I know....that's not right man.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.418733,-94.047372
Sent from Joshua's android dominating iPhone using Tapatalk

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

SSgtBaarnes

I think it came out pretty cool looking man! Awesome follow-through on the pics and videos too - thanks for that. I may have to give this one a try myself at some point. Despite what some have said - well done! :thumbup:

Y

yellowfz

Looks good, see why now, silver does look odd on a black bike. :thumbup:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Rookasaki

Pretty tough.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPV2QgcAkwA]Plasti Dip grille durability with pressure washer - YouTube[/ame]

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Rookasaki

I'm new to the bike and the forum. The change on your raven is one I would describe as "Didn't know it needed it until I saw it done." I think the black looks much better than the stock on your bike. (Ironically, my yellow 6R has black forks. Go figure.)

I'm not familiar with the product, though. I'm really looking forward to hearing about how well it's stood up after a few thousand miles. It sounds like it's powder coat in a can. The possibilities...
haha Thanks. Once a have a few hundred miles I'll post an update review.

Detrich

Looks great. Nice work Rook!

Superzoom

Plastidip for levers?

I am wondering what you guys think of Plastidipping the brake and clutch lever. Would that be a good or bad idea? I'm assuming it would increase grip, but would that be a good thing when working the clutch. And how tough is Plastidip? Would it start detaching and tearing in time through regular use/abuse?

rjohnson5481

i experimented with it as a truck bed cap.. i have a tonneau, so it was not seen, and didn't take much wear and tear..
I still ended up removing it because it started to peel from sitting things on the bed rail and them rubbing it, i don't use my truck as a truck at all, just grocerys and such.

I don't think clutch levers would be a good idea, i think it would rub right off. maybe if you clear coated it?

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Rookasaki

nice job rook, im amazed how good that looks whats the texture like on that stuff?
semi hard rubber texture. Not sure how else to explain it ;)
Also, I don't think it would be good for the brake/clutch lever. It would rub off pretty quick. However the stuff was originally made for grips on tools etc... So it might work with a lot of coats.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member