Well I'm doing it (Plasti-Dip forks)

Just did what I think will be the last pass on them, about 8-10 light coats and let it build up slowly after my initial overdose. Looks nice in the garage in that light, lets see how it looks in the morning :)

EDIT: Got a nick or two as I got the front fender on. that thing was horrid to re-attatch.. question though, how close is the bolt that holds the fender to the back side of the fork to your rim/tire? mine seemed uncomfortably close but I didn't check what it was before.

Last edited:
Just did what I think will be the last pass on them, about 8-10 light coats and let it build up slowly after my initial overdose. Looks nice in the garage in that light, lets see how it looks in the morning :)

EDIT: Got a nick or two as I got the front fender on. that thing was horrid to re-attatch.. question though, how close is the bolt that holds the fender to the back side of the fork to your rim/tire? mine seemed uncomfortably close but I didn't check what it was before.

Same thing happend to me. It was way to close to the rim. After investigating further, I noticed there was a nut that had fallen out from the inside of the front fender. The Bolt should tighten right through that nut and give you a lot more space. :)

Well i have the nut on the inside, that was a bitch to get on. (it was also the only way i could unscrew that bolt was to undo the nut)
How close is it still to your rim? I don't think i left any extra parts on the garage floor.

Doesn't seem to have done anything adverse on my way to school, just making sure I'm not the only one haha

Last edited:
I like the look and cannot believe they didn't make the forks black on the raven bike.

But how come you all just didn't drop the forks completely? It's not a lot of work at all. Once the front fender and wheel is off, then it's three more bolts per leg... ??? Would make it easy to get full coverage. ;)

*EDIT* Well, okay... two more per brake caliper... :D

I like the look and cannot believe they didn't make the forks black on the raven bike.

But how come you all just didn't drop the forks completely? It's not a lot of work at all. Once the front fender and wheel is off, then it's three more bolts per leg... ??? Would make it easy to get full coverage. ;)

I know right? What were they thinking with silver forks? lol

No form of front stand in my possession is my reason for not dropping the tire and forks ;)

Well i have the nut on the inside, that was a bitch to get on. (it was also the only way i could unscrew that bolt was to undo the nut)
How close is it still to your rim? I don't think i left any extra parts on the garage floor.

Doesn't seem to have done anything adverse on my way to school, just making sure I'm not the only one haha

Hmmm.... Maybe there is a rubber spacer that goes between the nut and fender. I'm at work right now, I'll take a picture of mine when I get home.

Hmmm.... Maybe there is a rubber spacer that goes between the nut and fender. I'm at work right now, I'll take a picture of mine when I get home.

How are you supposed to taze and club people if you are on the computer!?!? Get back to work :D

Crap, my boss is coming, got to go!

Thanks man, I'll look in the the service manual when I get back to my house to see if it shows anything

What a great job!

My forks are silver and this job is on my wish list. Thanks for the write up and great informative videos.

c6e4d815-71d0-f131.jpg

... So does this mean it's a bad idea? It looks great on the forks and I see some people have painted the handlebar black before but I think the plasti dip would look better IMO. Any thoughts? Rook?

... So does this mean it's a bad idea? It looks great on the forks and I see some people have painted the handlebar black before but I think the plasti dip would look better IMO. Any thoughts? Rook?

I honestly don't know. I know it would look better then paint but not sure how well the stuff would hold up when you have to tighten the bars/leavers etc... Not sure if the plasti-dip will "push" up or wrinkle.

Last edited:
Ok thanks! :thumbup: It would probably help if I just got some and tried it out on somethin. If I do end up doin it I will certainly post it up, I think it would look awesome if I can pull it off.

+1 on the handlebars. It would look good. You could probably tape everything off and spray it while they are on the bike.
:)

Back