Think I have to sell my bike....

CDN6R

Jay,, I am sad and happy for you at the same time,,if that is possable. Sad to see your bike go..but knowing that you felt that the best thing for you in your situation was to sell it..I am happy for you that you sold it. Now IMHO do not spend any $$ on project bikes or anything motorcycle related. Stay focused,,get you monies in order and later perhaps a year or two then purchase your self a bike. By then maybe a R1 will be your fancy or another R6. On second thought..maybe a Ninja so you C.C. and the Rook can be triplets! Of course this is all up to you and the Mrs. Laurie

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Short lived... :(

I am not destined to have a bike right now I guess. Back for sale this one will go it seems. At least I will make a few hundred and not be hurt selling it.

She is losing this job as well it seems now. Endless cycle we cannot get out of. This is tearing us all apart. She gets these low end jobs and they all turn out the same. She has lots of classes left so it will be another 2 years before she finishes. I dont know what's left to do...??? Re-did our finances and I was a bit off the first time. Even selling the bike, pay off the car, I still need to get a part time job if she was not to work anymore. Only 10-15 hours a week is all though. If thats what I have to do so she can focus on school then I guess I have no choice. She is extremely depressed right now and has basically said, screw it all, I have never heard her talk the way she is right now.. Its horrible.

I just dont see any other choice right now. We NEED some stability in our lives. Its been like this for too many years. :(

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

tatty2012

Sorry to hear that Jay... It takes a big man to say hey, I need to do what's best for my family not just for myself.

If I knew of any work for her, you know I'd hook her up. But alas, not a whole heck of a lot around here.

Everything will work out in the end. It may take some time, but it will!

SurfJunkie

This sucks so much ass. Not once but twice ?

+10billion for you knowing when you need to make the tough decisions and putting the family first. Everyone should take a page and learn from this.

You guys will pull through this together.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Rawknrohl

Sorry to hear all this, it hurts I know. You're a good man, you've sure as hell earned my repect. Keep your head up buddy.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

l1tech

Damn Jay, that sucks. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Things will all work out. The time will pass quickly and you'll be back in the saddle again soon without the financial worries. I feel for you, I've been there too. If you guys need any help with vehicle needs, I will be happy to lend you my expertise on repairs to keep you on the road and expenses down.

Detrich

Dang. Sorry to hear that bad luck strikes twice. :( Do whatcha gotta do to keep your family secure, happy, & well for the time being. Things will get better and you'll be back for sure. Stay positive! :)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Have somewhat good news...

My work caught wind of me looking for a second job. They did not like it. Said when working two jobs, you are about 50% at both. SO.... they are offering me to work 1-2 hours overtime a day which is more than a 15 hour part time minimum wage job would pay! I am trying to get this into a permanent thing by taking on some tasks that we currently outsource. We have some PCBA boards built out of house that I will now do myself and that saves the company 50% on the cost of those boards. So its a + for both of us.

Trying to find other things like that here or take on extra tasks etc. Stuff that helps us both out. One of our customer service techs quit, he is also our IT guy. They are not replacing him. So I will try and take some of those responsibilities as well. May need to take a course at the Community College and get the basics of IT down to help them out.

We are developing a new product so that will take a lot of my time. They also want me to paint the back loading dock which will take at least a week itself.

So that will help a TON! An hour or two overtime is a blessing. Thinking about working 15 hour days was haunting me. And not seeing my family... Was not looking forward to doing that. I am grateful I work at such a great place. Very small, close knit company.

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

wtnotch

Have somewhat good news...

My work caught wind of me looking for a second job. They did not like it. Said when working two jobs, you are about 50% at both. SO.... they are offering me to work 1-2 hours overtime a day which is more than a 15 hour part time minimum wage job would pay! I am trying to get this into a permanent thing by taking on some tasks that we currently outsource. We have some PCBA boards built out of house that I will now do myself and that saves the company 50% on the cost of those boards. So its a + for both of us.

Trying to find other things like that here or take on extra tasks etc. Stuff that helps us both out. One of our customer service techs quit, he is also our IT guy. They are not replacing him. So I will try and take some of those responsibilities as well. May need to take a course at the Community College and get the basics of IT down to help them out.

We are developing a new product so that will take a lot of my time. They also want me to paint the back loading dock which will take at least a week itself.

So that will help a TON! An hour or two overtime is a blessing. Thinking about working 15 hour days was haunting me. And not seeing my family... Was not looking forward to doing that. I am grateful I work at such a great place. Very small, close knit company.
That's way cool! Definitely do the CC IT course - can't hurt at all. Sometimes things just seem to work out :)

Russ

JSP

Super Moderator
that or get your dad to come help you out ;)

OT is always better than a 2nd job... heck an outright pay raise is the best... but take what you can get
YES! Can def get some pointers from pops about IT stuff...

Pay raise would be nice, but even a $2 hour pay raise ($320 a month) is less pay than 1 hour overtime a day ($435 a month). And working 2 hours here and there overtime adds up even better! Yes I have to work a little extra for it, but Im happy with that! ;) Can come in an hour early and stay an hour late. Take a short 30 min lunch to cut some time off.

Last edited: