Think I have to sell my bike....

BKP

Congratulations on working this out!

As for CA used bike regs.... REALLY? ! ? What is UP with that state? So, if you suddenly need to finance school, or a wedding, or the new catalytic converter on your cage because of their *other* EPA regs, and you only have 4k on your bike, and need to sell it, Big (California) Brother won't let you? Good luck with that, Comrade...

(well, that's the state that spawned Pelosi.... I shouldn't be surprised)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

JSP

Super Moderator
Congratulations on working this out!

As for CA used bike regs.... REALLY? ! ? What is UP with that state? So, if you suddenly need to finance school, or a wedding, or the new catalytic converter on your cage because of their *other* EPA regs, and you only have 4k on your bike, and need to sell it, Big (California) Brother won't let you? Good luck with that, Comrade...

(well, that's the state that spawned Pelosi.... I shouldn't be surprised)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
I believe you can sell within the state with any amount of miles. I was under the impression it was buying from OTHER states and trying to bring into CA. If I am wrong then there really is no hope for that place. :D

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
First guy is flaking on me... Said he had approval from bank 2 weeks ago and I have still yet to receive any money. Now he says he wants to meet part way (2 hours for me) and hand me a check. Bullshit. No way I am handing over bike with a check that may not be good. I said bring cash and he said his bank wont do that. I said wire the money directly and the banks handle the title transfer for us and its a done quick deal and he said he is not paying until keys are in his hand.

Well got a call from a guy that is fairly local and wants it TODAY cash in hand and will meet me at my bank after work today. I am taking a little less than asking price to get this shit over with. I have a payment that is coming up so I need to get it done. SO, today may be the day.

JSP

Super Moderator
Glad you're getting out from under it, but it sucks you'll be bikeless.
If I get the urge and just cant shake it, I can borrow my dad or grandpas cruisers ;)

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I am really torn now on just waiting and saving money up for a year or finding a little cruiser for $1000 area so I have something to ride at all times. Would put me back a little bit on saving up for the FZ1 but I would have a bike... Hmm...

Although it would be about 2 months minimum before I could save even for that... so riding season would almost be over anyways. I think I will just wait and save.

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
She is gone... Hurts worse than I thought it would...

:(

StarZero81

Elite Member

Hellgate

Sorry to hear about this man, but you're doing the right thing. A bike is just an object, your wife is family. You can always get another bike.

RoadTrip

This may sound a bit weird, but I got 2 main outdoor hobbies: motorcycles, of course, and longboarding. I get a thrill out of both, I did longboarding for years before getting a motorcycle, then it kinda faded once I got into motorcycling, but I started back up this year, and am finding it just as thrilling as before. It takes awhile to get your balance and whatnot, but it is scarey and challenging, and a great way to be outdoors. In fact, in some ways longboading at 30mph down a hill is more thrilling than motorcycling, because the implied danger is more real, I have fallen at a high speed and it was pure adrenaline. You can push your limits and be a bit wild on the longboard, whereas motorcycling requires more self-control and self-preservation mindset. Anyway, if you find yourself itching for thrills, a good longboard is only about $200, and $30 for a helmet, check out Silverfishlongboarding.com if you want to get more info on the sport.

CrazyCawi

Sorry you had to do it jsp but your a good man. U better get laid daily to counteract the loss of your other wife haha

DakinechicK

:(:(:(

Sad day indeed. Sorry Jay. BUT, this means there is something even better out there waiting for you for next summer! Good luck with your family and priorities!!

spider2k

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
um, was that your tag still on the bike or did you take it off first?

FYI, you're still young. there's always time for more toys down the road.
Tags stay on the bike in OR if you want. saves the buyer the registration fee. There was 2 years left on it. DMV has been notified the bike has been sold.