Think I have to sell my bike....

JSP

Super Moderator
OK! Plan of attack.

I just got my credit card paid off so I now officially have no credit card debt. Feels good. Plan on selling the bike. I will go this year without a bike and save up what I can. Car will be paid off in a couple months.

Next year I will pick me up a nice cruiser off of CL. Nice ones all day on there for $2k-$3k. I will buy that outright. Heck I ride with my dad and grandpa almost exclusively now so it will be nice to fit in with a cruiser haha. Insurance will be dirt cheap and no bike payment so I will start saving then for a FZ1 and when the time is right in a couple years buy that baby! All the while I get to enjoy riding.

I feel good about it and I feel good that it will take some stress off my wife. When she is stressed we are ALL stressed ;).

Now... Who wants a kick ass R6??? I have one guy from Idaho that wants it but he has to sell his first. Obviously not holding it for him.

I will put an ad here although there is not hardly anyone around me but this bike is worth the trip.

I just want to say I EXTREMELY appreciate you all and your words. You are all truly family and are very honest. You really helped push me in the right direction. I thank you all. I am not going anywhere. I will always stay with this forum.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Have some good news!

My wife was just offered a job as a pharmacy tech. She is going through paperwork to get certification and will be doing the pharmacy register until that comes through. Starting out at $11/hour with $1 raise after a year. They will work around her school. She will be starting with 22 hours a week.

What is good is that this job directly relates to her schooling of Health Information Technology so its a great job to have on her resume. May even be a place she stays after she finishes school.

And yes..... I am still selling the bike. My goal is to now get a more comfy bike for myself and my wife. I will be looking for a mint used low miles FZ1. Still may go this year without a bike to pay off my car quick and save some money for a down payment.

Thank you all for the kind words and support! Feel like a dump truck has been lifted off of my shoulders for now. I pray she likes the job and will stick with it.

RooKie

Oh man... that's great news! Glad things are starting to look up :thumbup:

Detrich

that's good news J... still not the ideal scenario, but at least one that u all can live with- which is good :)

given the low mileage on your 6, no one in CA can buy it, unfortunately. state of CA requires that a used bike have a minimum of 7000 miles or the DMV cannot register it. stupid EPA regulations or something... :(

GLWS and great to hear things are looking up... :)

JSP

Super Moderator
that's good news J... still not the ideal scenario, but at least one that u all can live with- which is good :)

given the low mileage on your 6, no one in CA can buy it, unfortunately. state of CA requires that a used bike have a minimum of 7000 miles or the DMV cannot register it. stupid EPA regulations or something... :(

GLWS and great to hear things are looking up... :)
Yeah that is crazy. Have a guy in Idaho that wants it and supposedly all financing is in order, he just needs to go to the bank and wire the money. Should be this week for sure.

Brock Kickass

Glad to hear things are on the upswing. I hope things keep rolling along for you. If your FZ1 comes out looking as sweet as your R6 I'm going to have some stiff competition for the nicest FZ1 in the universe! :p

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Great news man! I will strongly suggest that you save up as much as you can so you can buy the fz1 instead of financing it. You'll save a ton on interest, and you will not have to worry about a monthly payment. It makes so much more sense then giving away free money. Then if your situation ever changes in the future, you could always sell the bike and use the cash for bills etc.
Yup, that is the goal. With the wife working now and if my bike sells here like its supposed to and car paid off... I could easily save $400-$500 a month. Come this time next year I could get a nice used one outright. That is WAY better than financing the $6k+ for 3-4 years!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
First off, congrats to the wife on her new job! Breath a sigh of relief and enjoy the moment.

As far as financing being a bad idea, I disagree. When interest rates are lower than inflation rates, you're not any worse off financing than you are keeping the money in a typical checking account. If you have a five year loan at 3% on a $10K bike you end up paying $10,781 for the bike if you don't pay it off early. citation #1

Now if you adjust that same $10K for inflation (and here I'm assuming that the rate of inflation for the past five years will be the same as the rate of inflation for the next five years, which is anybody's guess, but if I had to guess, I'd say it'll be even higher) that money would be worth $11,084 in 2017. citation #2 You're better off having a loan than keeping $10K under the mattress, and $780 seems like a small price to pay to have instant gratification. :D
Hmmm... you make a good point :D Main point as well to save at least for a little bit is to make sure she will be able to stick with the job and all that good stuff. Do not want to jump into another loan right now and have something happen to where I need that money right now.

Detrich

yah. the variance between the interest rate for loans (borrowing) and lending (deposits) determines if financing makes sense. if inflation is higher than the borrowing rate, then u actually have more buying power keeping the loan locked in. that said, we all like to not be tied up in financing. so i understand how u feel... it's a great feeling having your assets paid off and free & clear.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Detrich

I think Ive read on the R6 forum of some guy who bought a low mileage R6 from some guy in Nevada but then couldn't get it registered in CA cuz it was under 7k miles. Apparently its a fairly common problem. At least so I've heard.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

6R Blackout

So glad things are looking up for you J.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!