The official Workout, Exercise & Diet Thread...

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Sascha

Your incline bench form is hurting my lower back just watching. Tighten those abs and keep your back straight.

Sent from work between Personal Training clients

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

applejax

Today was basically a PULL day. Exercises that require pulling.

We start with one of the most basic functional strength exercises there is, the Dead Lift. This exercise will not only give you hip down strength but also back & grip.

Always due a warm up set like this one..

Dead Lift warm up set - 135 LBS - 10 Reps - YouTube

Then you can slowly start to add a little weight:

Dead Lift - 225 LBS - 10 Reps - YouTube

Notice these are pulling exercises, you are "pulling" the weight such as shrugs:

Again, start off with a warm up set like this one:

Bar Bell Shrugs - 135 LBS - 10 Reps warm up set - YouTube

then slowly add some weight:

Bar Bell Shrugs - 225 LBS - 10 Reps - YouTube

Other pull exercises include Curls to work the Biceps like this,

Curl Bar Curls - 85 LBS - 10 Rep warm up set - YouTube

Then isolation exercising the same muscles allows you to also build your stabilization muscles along with the main group,

Bicep Isolation Dumb Bell Curls - 50 LBS - 10 Reps - YouTube

Today's Workout: Dead Lifts, Bar Bell Shrugs, Dumb Bell Shrugs, Hammer Strength Shrugs, Dumb Bell Isolation Curls, Bar Bell Curls & Cable Curls. Again, today was basically my standard Pull day.

As an after workout meal, I had 2 eggs, bacon, sausage, wheat toast, girts & a cup of black coffee...(see attached photo)

Fun fact, a 6 ounce cup of black coffee with no cream or sugar daily will help prevent diabetes...
Unless your doing some sort of stiff-leg dead, you are not bending your knees enough and using most of your back :-/

http://youtu.be/eCwN6IANWNM

The great Ed coan. He is such a beast at deads.

Is there any reason why you are more concentrated on getting your bench up then deads/squats ?

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

applejax

I am almost 7 feet tall & have had trainers & gym rats try to help me & they have mainly said I am doing the best I can with my height. Deads are supposed to be near your legs yet because mine are so long I would have to put them out almost 18 inches to clear..

Anways, some people don't go to the gym at all. Of the people that do go to the gym, I would guess that easily less than 5% do dead lifts at all...

And my 1 time PB on Deads is currently 435 LBS... My PB on the bench currently sits at 340 LBS 1 time
I guess if it doesn't hurt keep doing it? Does it feel "hard" to pull heavy due to having to compensate for having longer legs then the general population ?

I don't mean in regards to the distance like having long arms while benching , but more in having to contort your body/ use those bumper plate things.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member