The official Workout, Exercise & Diet Thread...

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Botty12

I am almost 7 feet tall & have had trainers & gym rats try to help me & they have mainly said I am doing the best I can with my height. Deads are supposed to be near your legs yet because mine are so long I would have to put them out almost 18 inches to clear..

Anways, some people don't go to the gym at all. Of the people that do go to the gym, I would guess that easily less than 5% do dead lifts at all...

And my 1 time PB on Deads is currently 435 LBS... My PB on the bench currently sits at 340 LBS 1 time

Ever tried a wide stance (sumo) Deadlift, using a trap bar, or using a barbell for each hand? The last would eliminate your reach/hitting knee problem completely...if you cannot bend over that far without compromising your back I'd say you'd need to work on pushing your hips back more, and if necessary bending your knees more (which is possible with that set up). I train multiple athletes over 6ft (the tallest is 6ft 9), so it's not new to me to see this.

Side note, how far can you reach down to your toes keeping your legs straight and back completely extended?

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Botty12

I have heard that before but haven't actually seen it done in person which would be helpful. The sumo stance feels awkward to me when I try it but it could just be somthing I needed to get used to.

I am 6"9...
Sumo generally is awkward, regardless of height lol. I don't have any videos, but I'll try to see if I can find ones that'll help. At least so you know what it should look like...

Botty12

And harsh about the females lol. Dunno what kinda gym you go to...

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Botty12

come on!!! fit chicks are awesome how do you walk away I sure as Heek don't have that kinda will power lol
Lol that's funny. But seriously, if she's fit she probably doesn't want to be talked to. We see you as a pest lol.

Botty12

they come to me!!! I don't go to them I know what A pest is. lol I never approach them they just land in my lap lol
Well that's no pest at all!!!

Speaking of gym pickups. Had a guy who asked me if I wanted to go to coffee, after asking me if I go to the gym often and giving out a couple compliments. I said no. Almost a year later TO THE DAY, I happened to be wearing the same shirt...and guess who come up to me with the exact same line as he did the first time. That time I said, the answer is still no. At which point he kind of looked surprised and I had to tell him his mistake. Hadn't seen him since lol. Poor fella forgetting his previous attempts.

I have so many more gym stories lol.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Botty12

My dips are slowly getting better... When I first started doing them about 2 months ago I could only do an inch or two lol.. Now I'm going further & further... Being tall makes it difficult, being 300LBS makes it next to impossible. Anyways in a couple more months I should be able to go all the way & really start to see the benefits of this exercise.

Dips - YouTube
One of the greater feeling moments in the gym for me was getting bar dips. Surprised myself recently and did weighted bar dips...felt like a boss lol.