T-Rex Racing No-Cut Sliders Group Buy (Ends Oct 31st)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

bmw675

i just got done installing mine. took about 20 min not too long.
but for some helpful hints (atleast this is how mine went the best).

on the left side: after removing the stock bolt, put the stock washer on the new bolt, along with the one supplied. it helped move the adapter away from the cover.

on the right side: i also had to use the stock washer, otherwise the bolt was too long. but this time i put the stock washer between the allen head and the slider (hidden inside the slider). i needed to do this to make sure i didnt space the notch out too far. i originally put it back on like the left side but it was hard to get the top of the fairing bolts back in.

hope all goes well for every one else.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

on the left side: after removing the stock bolt, put the stock washer on the new bolt, along with the one supplied. it helped move the adapter away from the cover.

on the right side: i also had to use the stock washer, otherwise the bolt was too long. but this time i put the stock washer between the allen head and the slider (hidden inside the slider). i needed to do this to make sure i didnt space the notch out too far. i originally put it back on like the left side but it was hard to get the top of the fairing bolts back in.

Thanks for the notes! Every little gem like this helps the next guy in line. :cool:

r0bot

Attachments

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Just got mine is as well. One question though, when it asks to be tightened to 30ft/lb.... how do you measure that LOL.

Thanks

Also here is the install guide scanned case anyone is interested...
Daryl, you will need a torque wrench to do this with. I bought this one... cheap but it works and I don't use it often enough to get a really expensive one. - Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

:D

bmw675

Just got mine is as well. One question though, when it asks to be tightened to 30ft/lb.... how do you measure that LOL.
i did the " that feels pretty tight method."
however, when i went to remove the factory bolts, i would say that mine were ALOT tighter than 30 ft/lbs... ALOT!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
i did the " that feels pretty tight method."
however, when i went to remove the factory bolts, i would say that mine were ALOT tighter than 30 ft/lbs... ALOT!
Just be careful, ok? A lot of the threads on the bike are aluminum and can easily strip. That creates a ton of work for you (or a local shop) that $20.00 might have saved. ;) I'd rather see you do it right and out riding than sullen in front of the shop watching it being repaired! :thumbup:

euros4life

I sent him a message 5 days ago and am still waiting for a reply. I tried to e-mail but the e-mail on this post doesn't work.

How long did every one else have to wait?

Allan

I sent him a note via the website, and was contacted almost immediately - ordered mine yesterday - 6 to 10 days shipping to SA - can't wait!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
customerservice (AT) t-rex-racing.com ([email protected]) is valid. I've exchanged several e-mails with Tom.

Try this link and send a message from here. Be sure to put the quoted group buy message in the comment box though. Contact Us | T-Rex Racing

davidrosso

I sent him a message 5 days ago and am still waiting for a reply. I tried to e-mail but the e-mail on this post doesn't work.

How long did every one else have to wait?

...You can directly email him at customerservice (AT) t-rex-racing.com also. Please make the subject line " Invoice request for Group Buy for FZ6R Forum" and include your PayPal e-mail address for him to send the invoice.

I contacted by email and received a paypal invoice the very same night.
Used the email method as posted in the begining of this thread. (quoted above)

Last edited:

rome

i emailed him and revived invoice the same night and i paid for it the same night can't wait for them to get here

euros4life

Yea a little computer illiterate apparently. E-mail worked fine this time, must of fat fingered. Thanks for the help.

rayden56

got mine in the mail yesterday!!! installing today!!! they look really good :D

davidrosso

Got em on!

Got mine installed today, thanks for these tips. Everything went well !

toastmaster

Got mine a few days ago, and just installed mine today. As everyone said, the installation is pretty simple. Took like 15 min. I'd recommend getting a breaker bar and allen key sockets since the engine bolts are torqued on pretty tight.

bsoder

I installed mine over the weekend and I had to add 3 washers in addition to the one supplied for the left side. Not a big deal. The sliders are well worth $39. Many thanks to FZ1inNH for arranging the group buy. :thumbup:

njdan

When you installed the left side does your slider touch the engine or is it away from the engine? Mine sits against the engine. Wasn't sure if that's the way they are supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.