Summer Jacket

Which would you get for the price, and functionality/safety(I know its mesh)

• Fly Racing Mesh Jacket

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Joe Rocket Pheonix 5.0 Mesh Jacket

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Other-Please specify

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

acomeaux33cx

I thought this was a post about a jacket. Not talking about my signature???? Its just as big as if Id have a photo for my signature.

Sparkxx1

I would go for something in mesh+ white even if it doesn't match your bike to perfection. The next set of riding gear will be white perf leather for the summer. I can't stand sitting in NYC traffic in black mesh but I want more protection at the same time.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I thought this was a post about a jacket. Not talking about my signature???? Its just as big as if Id have a photo for my signature.
:rof::rof:

Its my own thread. And I didnt make fun of you I just said its huge, dont get all bent out of shape.

JSP

Super Moderator
:rof::rof:

Its my own thread. And I didnt make fun of you I just said its huge, dont get all bent out of shape.

Although it IS smaller than YOURS haha :cool:

CrazyCawi

it is now, it wasnt before

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

where can I get said motoboss jacket? what denier is it? the hjigher the denier the safer it is correcto-mundo?

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

xJoshuaDrakex

I purchased the Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 and so far so good. Rode in 95 degree weather yesterday and got a little hot while at redlights but while moving it breathes real well. I say go for that one.

CrazyCawi

I purchased it many years ago at Cycle Gear, IIRC. I don't remember what I paid for it, nor do I know it's denier.

I do know it is comfortable and has proper padding in the right places.

You do have to hand wash it, so every month or so; I throw it in the bathtub and hand wash it, rinse it and hang it outside to dry.

For long rides during the summer, I put a cooling vest on underneath it and that works great. The mesh allows the air to hit the cooling vest and it acts like a "swamp cooler".
do cooling vests restrict movement?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

danieljardim

I bought my jacket at leatherup.com. they always have good deals going on.

It's being about 2 months and the jacket is holding pretty good and I only paid $89.00 bucks.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

it gets very humid here like 50-85% most of the riding season