Summer Jacket

Which would you get for the price, and functionality/safety(I know its mesh)

• Fly Racing Mesh Jacket

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Joe Rocket Pheonix 5.0 Mesh Jacket

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Other-Please specify

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
D

Deleted member 9794

They are having a nice sale on vented gear at motorcycle-superstore:

Link Here

They sold out of the color I wanted for the "Speed and Strength
Moment of Truth SP Mesh Jacket" - $109.95 , I wanted blue.

Ive been wearing the Joe rocket for two seasons now, and love it. Once your moving you feel everybit of air, i only start to sweat because of my back protector (pro sub 4), but im sure id be pretty well off if that weren't under my jacket. The liner holds up really well in the rain as well, ive had my fare share of downpours in that jacket.

BKP

Haven't tried the cooling vest... but this works *great* with a mesh jacket:

HEAT-OUT Street Gear - Base Layer Crew Neck Tee - Cycle Gear

It's at CGear (50% off). It's tight, stretchy, and wicking... You're going to sweat in 85+ no matter what in 'round town riding... this puts it to good use... and it *works*!

As for the jacket, I have a Dianese Air Flux... (I just made the mistake of getting it in solid black). So much mesh, you can see through the entire jacket. And, the arms are a bit long... but, it works for me -- I'm built like a f$#%'n gorilla anyway...
D-Stone and XY Stum fabric (pricey, but *very* high abrasion resistance)

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BKP

Not really... Not sure whether it's anti-microbial, or just wicks and evaporates (which I have to assume is the case, since I typically wear it with an all mesh Dianese).

I haven't had a problem with sweat infiltrating the jacket any more than it would without the HeatOut. If anything, the HeatOut seems to wick and retain, which maximizes the cooling effect via evaporation rather than letting it absorb into the outer layer (jacket).

Whatever the principle actually is, it works better than anything else I've found. In fact I'm so impressed, I was up at Cycle Gear this morning, picking up another couple of shirts (they're on sale - 1/2 price right now). Trick is to get a size that fits like a compression shirt. It can't fit loosely and work...

Cerebus

I just picked up the Phoenix 5.0 tonight as my first jacket. Tried a couple on at the local cycle store and like this one the best.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I just picked up the Phoenix 5.0 tonight as my first jacket. Tried a couple on at the local cycle store and like this one the best.
I have one now as well and LOOOOOOOOOOVE it :)

Cerebus

It's freakin' hot here today but the Phoenix does a good job as long as you're moving. But dear god do I feel like a pie in an oven when sitting at a light though.

Riccochet

I have the Cortech GX Sport Air 3.0. It's a pretty decent jacket. Cool while moving. Separate insulated and weather liners. 1680 in the shoulders and elbows. I over paid at $250, but I also bought retail.

bloodypulp

Speed and Strength seven sins. Light weight and airy while moving but yes I can also sure stink it up in the summer time

RoadTrip

Best purchase I made this year was the AStars Summer Tech racing undersuit. Under my gear I wear cotton briefs, the undersuit, and Klim vented ankle socks - no shirt, no shorts, that's it. What happens is you get warm, then somehow you stabilize to a livable temperature, and you never get over-cooked. I rode 380 miles today with heat index reaching near 100F, and I was fine, just took breaks and fluids.

Conversely last weekend I did the old long socks and t-shirt routine, and was actually hotter despite outdoor temps being a bit lower. Just handwash and hang dry the undersuit after each use, I think it actually keeps your protective gear cleaner as well, the suit gets soaked but gear is a bit dryer than when using cotton t-shirts.