Sprocket & Chain Group buy.

Solomotoparts

Ok great. I have received reply's from everybody now regarding the group buy with the exception of talanthalus.

J man is staying with his current choice of 17/46

@Devmani - Give me a call, I think it should be OK since we are not just placing 1 order with Driven anymore.

For everybody that is waiting and paid with credit card (not PayPal) we will have to charge the credit cards within the next couple of days or so. We only have a limited time for the authorization on each one to finalize the charge since the orders were originally placed on the website, or it drops off and we are unable to charge.

Regarding the delivery estimates given on the website, those are not accurate. They would have been accurate if we processed the orders the same day that they were received, but since we were processing all of them at once the dates no longer became accurate. We are mailing all of them with USPS 2-3 day Priority mail, you can use the tracking #'s we send you to see the estimated delivery date.

Thanks again to everybody for being so understanding, I am genuinely sorry for the availability issues with the sprockets from Driven.

Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

talanthalus

Ok great. I have received reply's from everybody now regarding the group buy with the exception of talanthalus.

J man is staying with his current choice of 17/46

@Devmani - Give me a call, I think it should be OK since we are not just placing 1 order with Driven anymore.

For everybody that is waiting and paid with credit card (not PayPal) we will have to charge the credit cards within the next couple of days or so. We only have a limited time for the authorization on each one to finalize the charge since the orders were originally placed on the website, or it drops off and we are unable to charge.

Regarding the delivery estimates given on the website, those are not accurate. They would have been accurate if we processed the orders the same day that they were received, but since we were processing all of them at once the dates no longer became accurate. We are mailing all of them with USPS 2-3 day Priority mail, you can use the tracking #'s we send you to see the estimated delivery date.

Thanks again to everybody for being so understanding, I am genuinely sorry for the availability issues with the sprockets from Driven.

Sorry, I got busy and didn't get back on here to see this. I'll go with the 17/47 as well. I definitely need to get this done very soon. :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Solomotoparts

Yup! We are good to go, everybody has responded to me now. We have:

Kayo7
Gilbuddy
Dart1963
Jman
aquestionpoint
gado

Waiting for the 46T sprockets. I will update you guys as I learn more regarding their availability from Driven. Many of you might receive some automatic emails we send asking if you received everything and to leave us a review, you can ignore those until you receive the backordered items :) Thanks again everybody!

Last edited:

12fz6rblack

A quick question.... is a-1 sprocket a good Idea?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

gado

Yup! We are good to go, everybody has responded to me now. We have:

Kayo7
Gilbuddy
Dart1963
Jman
aquestionpoint
gado

Waiting for the 47T sprockets. I will update you guys as I learn more regarding their availability from Driven. Many of you might receive some automatic emails we send asking if you received everything and to leave us a review, you can ignore those until you receive the backordered items :) Thanks again everybody!
I am waiting on the 46T rear sprocket.

BKP

I think Tyler meant 46T... Everyone on the list chose to wait...

Solomotoparts

I am sorry, that was a typo. Those 6 people are waiting for the 46T sprockets, you are correct.

-1 in the front is equivalent to +3 or +4 in the back. A -1 in the front, and +2 in the rear will help the bike get up and go much faster, it provides more torque to the wheel, making you accelerate faster. This is a common choice on bikes going to the track that need to put power down instead of worrying about top speeds.

JonKerr

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

BKP

Just got in the sprockets and chain... Thanks, Tyler -- nice looking set.

I'm reading this thread, and wondering what type of effect the set I ordered (17t / 47t) will ultimately have in terms of torque, acceleration, shifting, top speed, etc...

I'm assuming acceleration and top speed will be about the same (perhaps a slight dip in 1st gear acceleration, and maybe a touch more top end). I know it'll bring the speedo a couple of mph closer to accurate. How about torque and shifting? Any comments?

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BKP

Thanks for the update, Buzz...

I believe it's supposed to be a 118 link chain for our bikes (assuming stock gearing), but they may come with 120. I'm not sure how your 16/47 diameters might effect that, or my 17/47. I'll be counting the links...

I plan on letting the dealer do the install, along with a plug change at 12k, since I've never swapped sprockets (they'll let me look over their shoulder) -- and I'll check if they need to add the bits you mentioned.

Here are the ratios for the different gearing... I thought it was interesting: