Shogun Frame Sliders - perfect fit & installation.

bobski

Seen many posts and opinions here about frame sliders. I'm a newbie but just installed the Shogun No Cut Frame Sliders that I bought off eBay from podiumsuperbikeinc. They came new in Shogun packaging with all the manufacturer tags etc.. Package points to http://www.moto911.com/pdf/750-6369.pdf for great complete installation instructions. Installation took only 30 min. and required torque wrench and 8mm hex socket for engine bolts (40 ft#) and puck bolts (30#). 4mm & 5mm hex sockets for fairing bolts. Blue thread lock for puck bolts. Instructions say to remove fairings but the right side installs without even needing to loosen the fairing, and the left side can be released and moved more than enough for easy installation just by removing 6 small retaining bolts on the fairing. I did everything with the bike resting on the side stand. Don't know how they will actually work, but they fit perfect without any cutting and installation is simple and explained very well in the instructions. :thumbup:

ME_with_a_B

Thanks for the review, bobski. I ordered a set of Shogun No-Cuts yesterday. I'm hoping I'll have as easy a time installing them as you did.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Deputyfarva252

Its confirmed: I went ahead and ordered them from the same seller as you did. This would be my first mod.

I have also thought about getting the front windscreen tinted, I would think I could just take it to a car tinting place and have it done for 20 bucks or so.
getting it tinted you end up with air bubbles , go to advance and for like 10 bucks you can get some spray tint , it works really well

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

kvc25

Gonna be installing mine tomorrow. Should I stop by home depot to pick up some extra washers and thread lockers? If so, what size do i need?

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Ordered mine last night. Should see them early next week. I figured it was time to install some, especially since I just finished a track day with Mike Sullivan racing at Spokane Raceway Park. Seems like I was putting the cart before the horse :eek:

kvc25

Just installed mine this afternoon. Pretty simple installation, although I did run into one minor problem. The right engine bolt that came with the sliders looked a bit worn when I got it, and sure enough, once I got it tightened onto my bike, enough of the bolt head had gotten stripped that my torque wrench slipped. Took me 10 minutes to get it off my bike. Now, this possibly could be an isolated incident, but I will always use OEM parts wherever possible for future mods.

And I agree with you, Nasty. I'm hoping I NEVER have to test out the sliders.

dthomp87

There's a thread in the general section currently about someone with those sliders failing on them... Might want to investigate

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member