Seat Covers - Install pics

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

pjmac5

Anyone...Bueller? Ferris Bueller?

Totally lost and frustrated on this rear seat. Im worried I might have to send this back to Luimoto, but want to make sure I tried the same process that others have tried here.
The rear of the seat forms a triangle. I secured the 3 end points of that triangle and worked forward.

I would only partially secure the sides as you work forward. Once you get the back and the front they way you want, you will likely need to tighten the sides further to get out wrinkles so tack them in as you move forward but do not get carried away.

jman

Anyone...Bueller? Ferris Bueller?

Totally lost and frustrated on this rear seat. Im worried I might have to send this back to Luimoto, but want to make sure I tried the same process that others have tried here.
I too worked from the back forward. I got the triangle in place and tacked it first. Just keep working at it . I stapled pulled tighter removed staples re stapled... I was a long process but it worked. If you really can't get it just look up a local upholstery shop and see if they can do it for ya.

lwclancers

Thanks guys. I'm going to ignore it for a day and try again. I think there us a lot of excess material in the underside of the rear compared to the front seat. I'm really hoping I don't waste my time on this.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

lwclancers

Its not perfect, but I got it on. Now I can ride again after way too long of a break! Maybe tweak it some over the winter to get the imperfections out. But, I could have done worse, I'm no expert!

Attachments

lwclancers

Here you go.....

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

lwclancers

Thanks, I love the luimoto covers. Install is just annoying on the rear, especially without a air powered staple gun. But eh quality is fantastic. My rear came out ok, im hoping some of the tight wrinkles relax themselves out on their own. But for now its good to go. I need to get out and take some nice pics of my bike, especially with all the work put in this year, just havent been able to ride much.

Ive had it for 3 years and dont even have 6000 miles yet :(

bump for those who have not seen the Monster!!!!!
Maybe you should make a guest appearance to Sesame St, promote the letter of the day.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPRVSb4J6Pw]Sesame Street: Letter M Monster Meal - YouTube[/ame]