Official seat cover group buy thread

jman

Glad I stayed away from this group buy. Sounds like it's a pain in the arse! Pun intended! Rather save for performance mods, thinking of getting the Convertibars clip-ons and they're kind of expensive. No one has put them on the 6R yet and looks like they can go under the triple so no drop needed. And in other news......
A few staples sounds a little easier to me than being the first to attempt to put on a set of clip ons...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ArmyFZ6R

I just got mine today, but i can't install the covers until this weekend:shakehead: here is a picture of mine. By the way thanks:canada:

Attachments

ArmyFZ6R

It took about 3 to 4 days.

NUISANCE

My front is 100% done, the rear is about 20% done. Picts in a few.

It's not hard it's just difficult trying to get it lined up and get all the wrinkles out. The front was easy, I used my Arrow T50 stapler with 3/8 staples. The rear is becoming frustrating.

I can't get the wrinkle out of the top of it, like there is too much fabric or something, although it could be something I am doing wrong. I am going to work on it for a little more tonight but if I can't get it I will just take it to the local place that does this for a living and pay the $40 or so they will charge for the rear.

jman

Hey Jon,

I'm glad to hear that everyone is getting there seat covers. The best way is to use a blow dryer and heat up the fabric a bit so it's warm to make it more stretchy. The rear seat for this bike is shaped a little awkward so it will require a bit more stretching and pulling to get rid of any wrinkles. Please let me know if you have any other questions and we will try our best to help.

Best regards,
Alvin

jman

My front is 100% done, the rear is about 20% done. Picts in a few.

It's not hard it's just difficult trying to get it lined up and get all the wrinkles out. The front was easy, I used my Arrow T50 stapler with 3/8 staples. The rear is becoming frustrating.

I can't get the wrinkle out of the top of it, like there is too much fabric or something, although it could be something I am doing wrong. I am going to work on it for a little more tonight but if I can't get it I will just take it to the local place that does this for a living and pay the $40 or so they will charge for the rear.
Start a new thread once it's on... It'll be a little easier for us to check them out installed instead of going through all these pages.

lwclancers

2 days...not even actually.

About how long did it take for you guys to receive the package after the email notification was sent?

NUISANCE

Ok, here are a few picts of the front and the frustrating rear. It is a tad bit firmer that stock, the fabric has less stretch than the OEM stuff. That's why on the underside you can see that I only put like 1/3 of the staples that I took off, not sure if it's going to stretch and I have to go back and add some or stretch it more so I will drive it for a few hundred miles then finish up stapling it.

You can see that by the bracket on the underside I didn't put staples there, I did that on purpose as when I put staples there it created a wrinkle. I really don't see a problem not putting any there and as you can see from the top it looks fine.

The color itself I chose was close to stock, you can never get and exact match with OEM unless you buy OEM. Also, the carbon fiber fabric goes will with the carbon fiber pieces on the tank and other places, also goes with my CF slip on.

The wrinkle I am dealing with is next to my finger :) No matter how I do it I can't seem to get it out so I am going to try a bit more tonight and if I can't get it I will be dropping it off at shop tomorrow and will pay them extra to finish it up by tomorrow night. If they can do it I should be ready to roll by tomorrow night.

EsrTek

Ok so here is my attempt at the front seat... I think it's alright for my first time ever.

Sorry on bike pics prolly be junky (didn't edit) and it's dark out..

Update FYI: I ordered the CF Black and CF White material for my seat.

Off Bike:

Staples:

On Bike

Last edited: