Please forgive me. Thinking about selling the fz6r and getting a Street Triple

danieljardim

I thought I should mention this, in case someone faces same dillemma later. But the more I ride the Street Triple, the more convinced I am that the Triumph puts less weight pressure on my wrists.

Can someone chime in and confirm?

I truly believe (or I thought) the Yamaha is one of the most comfortable bikes out there. What could be the reason, my own body measures, handle bar position?

Bike looks nice. The only thing I don't like is the "bench" type of seat. I think "split" seats look better and more sportier.

Sage

I thought I should mention this, in case someone faces same dillemma later. But the more I ride the Street Triple, the more convinced I am that the Triumph puts less weight pressure on my wrists.

I truly believe (or I thought) the Yamaha is one of the most comfortable bikes out there. What could be the reason, my own body measures, handle bar position?

The forward lean of your torso may be less than what you had while on the fz6r. That is the only explanation that I can come up with

JSP

Super Moderator

You really should not have ANY pressure on your wrists with any bike. Support yourself with your legs/hips/torso. So maybe the Triumph makes you do that a little more with the design of the seat/tank, etc. But focus on supporting yourself with the lower body anyways. Hands are just for counter-steering inputs and clutch/brake/throttle. Not weight support.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

my buddy did a headlight mod to his street triple...here is what he posted about it in his for sale thread

Hey guys,

When I bought my street trip I wasn't crazy about the 2012 headlights so I bought the 2011 to replace the 12' lights... I have no need for the 2012 headlights now so I'm selling them...

These are brand new, zero miles, all mounting hardware included. The only problem is in 2012 triumph switched the headlight harness to wire the lights in parallel and only use one connector, not two like in 2011. With the new headlights I have included both of the stock connectors you need to make these work with the 2011 or older models. I have included the center mount and mount hardware. The fairing stay/ gauge mount never changed so the new headlight mount will fit right in.

Bike bandit lists these for $338 plus shipping new...
I would like to see $270 shipped or possibly delivered to you

FYI...if you have a 2011 or older round set those cost about $500 new so you should be able to make some money on some suckers like me that hate the 2012 headlights...(just not my style)

jocampo

Ok,

I left work earlier and had chance to take some pictures (decent ones, I mean) So for those who asked ... there you go ...

Regarding the comment about the pressure on my wrist, I think is a combination of elements, something that jspansel and Milton said, I think.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_4771.jpg
    IMG_4771.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4767.jpg
    IMG_4767.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4764.jpg
    IMG_4764.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4758.jpg
    IMG_4758.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 20

JSP

Super Moderator
Ok,

I left work earlier and had chance to take some pictures (decent ones, I mean) So for those who asked ... there you go ...

Regarding the comment about the pressure on my wrist, I think is a combination of elements, something that jspansel and Milton said, I think.

:)

Love it!!!

bmw675

beautiful!
How long do you have to wait for the painted goodies? I think the belly pan and fly screen complete the package.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

jocampo

beautiful!
How long do you have to wait for the painted goodies? I think the belly pan and fly screen complete the package.

Hi there,

Oh, you mean the accessories? Hmmm, no idea. The dealer took my info. and said they will call. Of course, I asked for something in writing, you know. I may say, 3 to 4 weeks?

jocampo

Looks good. I got the same color. Mine will be here in a couple of weeks.

As for the difference in riding position, someone posted that website that let you compare the riding positions of nearly all bikes, and when I compared the 6R to the Striple, the 6R was a few more degrees leaned forward, but the knees were also more relaxed. Plus I'm sure the increased wind on your body also helps keep you upright.

So, you sold the fz6r? ...

And you're right about the kness. I find my feet and knees a little bit more relax on the fz6r, but the Street Triple is by no means uncomfortable.