Oil pressure gauge adapter

tdnathens

Hi; As I have not been here long someone may have already posted this. I was trying to figure out how to put an oil pressure gauge on my FZ6R. Yamaha sells an adapter to hook up a gauge but it cost about $80.00 shipped from a discounter. Over $100.00 from Yamaha. The Yamaha unit is made to fit their test gauge and still is a problem to get the adaptor to fit any sending unit or oil line. FTZracing.com sells an adapter that goes right to standard 1/8 pipe thread. It sells for $14.95 & $6.00 shipping on e-bay, about $3.00 more on their web site. I just ordered one it is going to make my gauge set up very easy to plumb up. Hope this helps someone with their bike.
Tom

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

AL72

Why make the effort to install an oil pressure gauge? I would like more to have a gear indicator. :D

Regards!

tdnathens

I haven't decided between a liquid filled mechanical or a sensor feed electrical oil pressure gauge. I have purchased a HealTech gear indicator to mount on my FZ6R. The oil pressure adaptor fitting mounts at the oil pressure test port as shown in the shop manual.

Tom