No more rabbit ears! MIRRORS MIRRORS

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

SPALDING

Don't blame you. If you can make them work for you then that's all that matters. I hated those huge stock antennas. They detracted from the bike so much. Not sure why Yamaha would put such an ugly mirror on such a beautiful bike. I know the 6R isn't SS, but come one there's no need for the 2 foot long mirrors. I like the look and functionality of the ZX-6R mirrors, but have been leaning towards bar-ends recently.
The ZX mirrors are nice and bar ends work well,just dont like the round shape of most,totally different shape to rest of the bike.Just showing people an option that fit straight on with no mod.Replacing the stock mirrors with others improves the look of the bike more than doing anything else i think.

Idiosynocracy

I just purchased 2008 ZX-6R mirrors and am waiting for them to get here. I'll post pictures and my thoughts on them when I have them installed. :) All I know is I am glad to finally get rid of those ugly bug antennae! lol

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

so I bought the mirrors, and go to install them and while tightening the bolt with my finger, the bolt snapped. : / now I have to wait for a reply from the seller... Supposedly these are OEM 2008 zx-6r mirrors.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

So the placethat sold me the mirrors won't get a shipment of the mirrors I ordered till wednesday. : / I won't get the mirror till the 9th or 10th of April. : (

Idiosynocracy

The new mirrors are on it now. Here's some pics. Sorry it took so long!
2008 Kawasaki ZX-6R mirrors are the ones that I installed.

Attachments

Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

I am ready to get the new mirrors also. Are these rounded mirrors actually OEM Kawi ZX6Rs (arent the OEM more angular?)

EMGO ZX6R on MC Superstore looks like they have good reviews. What brand is everyone here getting, avg price? Thanks
The mirrors on my bike are actual OEM mirrors for the 2008 ZX-6R. Cost me about 45 bucks per mirror, but after reading about the knock offs, I decided to go OEM. Bought mine off of Amazon. They're good mirrors and the vibration isn't too bad. You will be sacrificing some visual performance for the looks but I always head check anyways.

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Biker-Phil

Has anyone here tried using fz8 mirrors or the naked xjs mirrors that mount on the handle bars? These seem like the best option for our bikes. I personally do not like the stationary mirrors having ridden a v-star before. I loved being able to turn my bars slightly left at a stop light so I could do a rear view. I'm so unhappy with the stock mirrors I'm about to embark on my own mirror mod quest.

Deathdiesel

Hey guys i dont mean to beat a dead horse but what options are there available at the moment for our bikes that look okay? I would say bar end, but really I dont think I could live with the gap left from the old holes.

From what I can see are:
Yamaha YZF 600R YZF 1000R FZ6 R6 R1 LED Integrated Turn Signals Black Mirrors | eBay

Or
Kawasaki Black Mirrors ZX 6 R zx6r 2005 2006 2007 2008 ZX 6R 05 06 07 08 | eBay

And thats about it. Would it be possible to add all the options available on the first post? With pictures of them? Would make navigating this for the future much easier.

I've bought the first ones, can send you some pics once they arrive so you can see then fitted on our model bike :)

Idiosynocracy

Hey guys i dont mean to beat a dead horse but what options are there available at the moment for our bikes that look okay? I would say bar end, but really I dont think I could live with the gap left from the old holes.

From what I can see are:
Yamaha YZF 600R YZF 1000R FZ6 R6 R1 LED Integrated Turn Signals Black Mirrors | eBay

Or

And thats about it. Would it be possible to add all the options available on the first post? With pictures of them? Would make navigating this for the future much easier.
A couple posts before this I have pictures with 2008 ZX-6R Mirrors. I'm not sure about block plates, I've only found these ones and they are ugly as heck:
Mirror Base Block Off Plates Yamaha FZ6R 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Black | eBay

MaximumHP

From what I can see are:

Or

For the second link, they mention: "They can not be folded up to fit in tight space like oem ones". Do the stock ZX6 mirrors fold up like the 6R's stock mirrors? That is a really nice feature that someone like me with really tight garage space can appreciate.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member