No more rabbit ears! MIRRORS MIRRORS

OK, thanks guys. Think I'm going to pick up a pair of these, can't beat 25 bucks!

I will miss the swing out of the way mirrors though, they are pretty nice when have more crap than fits in your garage. Nothing is more important than cool looking though :rockon:

I put GSXR mirrors on my bike and really like them. I have flush mount front turn signals, but felt they are not visible enough from in front. The GSXR mirrors have integrated turn signals that are quite bright. They mount easily, with only a bit of elongation to the mounting holes and splicing into the turn signal wires. They are a bit low, so visibility is not as good as the stock mirrors, but still OK. I tried the trojan mirrors and hated them! They just look cheap.

I put GSXR mirrors on my bike and really like them. I have flush mount front turn signals, but felt they are not visible enough from in front. The GSXR mirrors have integrated turn signals that are quite bright. They mount easily, with only a bit of elongation to the mounting holes and splicing into the turn signal wires. They are a bit low, so visibility is not as good as the stock mirrors, but still OK. I tried the trojan mirrors and hated them! They just look cheap.

got pics??

So... to summarize this 31 page thread, it seems like the best mirrors are either the 2005 - 2008 ZX6R or the R6S ones.

Any reason to choose the R6S mirrors over the ZX6R mirrors? The ZX6R are supposed to be bolt on whereas the R6S requires drilling.

gsxr

got pics??

Here is a picture of mine with the gsxr mirrors. The problem for me was that my hand was right in the middle of the mirror. I could see "ehh" and might have left them on if not for the stem coming loose from the mirror base. I ordered another pair and they were at a totally different angle and couldn't see anything so watch which ones you get. they did look cool and were bright. Now I have the LED strips in the scoops and the super vis of stock mirror back on for now.

Attachments

• highway1.jpg
    highway1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 120
I tried the ZX6R mirrors and found that they would interfere with the handlebars. The mirrors themselves mounted just fine but then at the end of the handlebar travel, the handlebar would hit the mirrors.

Ended up returning the mirrors to my dealership.

These were OEM Kawasaki mirros if it makes any difference.

Well it probably doesn't matter to most of you, but for anybody with an XJ6N or anybody trying a naked FZ6R, I've got these mirrors:

Jm45IQql.jpg

They're pretty good, but not sure how well they would work with standard bars.

man that thing is dirty :D

i finally got around to changing up my front end yesterday. I remember seeing a question toward the beginning of this thread about the length from mirror to mirror for zx6r mirrors vs oem. I was wondering this myself since I have to get the bike thru a gate at my apartment (and bc the zx mirrors don't fold up). I measured the difference yesterday during the install. oem mirrors measured 31.5" from outside edges. zx6r mirrors measured 30". So they're an inch and a half narrower and a hell of a lot shorter.

The zx6r mirrors look a million times better than oem, but now i have absolutely 0 visibility behind me. I read in this thread that you can see below your elbows as opposed to over elbows with oem, but all I'm seeing is elbows and arms on the inner edges of the mirrors, and cars in either lane next to me. hope i never get pulled over, because i would never know if a cop was behind me :-/

i took some before/after pics. I'll post em when i get back in town thursday.

What I do is tuck my elbows in towards my body if I need to see directly behind me.

I can't even see behind me with the OEM mirrors unless I do that^

I'm a visual person and I did a search and I cannot find instructions with pictures or video on how to remove the old mirrors. They're either gone or doesn't exist. Could someone please re-upload pictures? Thanks a bunch!

Back