No more rabbit ears! MIRRORS MIRRORS

tmcclain

cavcuz05

Hi guys. I am new to the Yamaha world. I too am looking to get rid of the FUGLY mirrors. It looks like the R6S is better than the Trojans...if I am reading this forum correctly. I have tried following some links to see what they are but auctions have expired. Can someone please confirm that these are correct and will fit the FZ6R?

Mirrors For Yamaha YZF 600 R6 YZF R6S Black Mirror : eBay Motors (item 260578369866 end time Apr-30-10 07:30:57 PDT)

Thank you!
yes they will work

tmcclain

Thanks for your quick reply.

I saw that someone had used GSXR mirrors with the LED blinkers. Has anyone else tried the GSXR mirrors? Were they easy to install? What year and model GSXR mirrors?

MikeN02

tmcclain

I havent gotten my bike yet so I apologize for being stupid...but does an extra hole need to be drilled?

How many bolts are on the standard Yamaha mirrors?
The GSXR ones I was looking at has two on them.

I am just afraid to spend the money and for some reason they dont fit.

MikeN02

I havent gotten my bike yet so I apologize for being stupid...but does an extra hole need to be drilled?

How many bolts are on the standard Yamaha mirrors?
The GSXR ones I was looking at has two on them.

I am just afraid to spend the money and for some reason they dont fit.
The majority of mirrors have 2 bolts on them to keep the mirrors stable. It's just that different mirrors have different spacing between the two bolts and so you might have to mark and drill a hole closer or further.

The R6S Mirrors need to be drilled an extra hole as JonKerr posted the pictures.

tmcclain

Roaddawg, yes I saw the pics and they look the same but I didn't know if there would be any difference with years.

Thanks for everyones input. Have a great evening!

F

FZ6Rgurl

The GSXR mirrors don't need any drilling. Maybe a little shaven off the sides, but other than that, no new hole drilling is in order.

cavcuz05

did my mirrors tonight...happy on how they turned out

Newmason

Well I got my carbon fiber looking r6 mirrors on this afternoon and rode all day and afternoon with them on. Install was about a 1 on a scale of 10, just because you have to drill a hole and make sure they all line up right. I love the way my bike looks now. I am no longer ashamed of my bug looking mirrors of the days prior! Ill get some pictures up tomorrow in the daylight! To busy killing the streets today!

I was at a motorcycle course last year and they were inspecting our bikes, making sure the bikes were good to ride and the personell that worked there liked our bike alot, but the first thing they pointed out was how terrible our mirrors look! I still haven't found a mirror I like yet though, still got our stock bunny ears on!

SupremeBean

JonKerr, did you end up mounting the LED turn signals for the front of the bike?

If so, how'd you do it? I'm not talking about the flush mounts, but the others.

JonKerr

Elite Member

Raptor700

Hello BikerMommy, I like how you lowered your bike, how did you do it or how did someone else do it, as I would like to lower mine as well