New member welcome thread

InDurdenWeTrust

Hello! My name is Durden and I'm from Birmingham, Alabama. I just picked up my very first motorcycle about a week ago. A 2012, white, FZ6R. I just hit the 200 mile mark today and I can't wait to get this thing broken in so I can have a little fun!

My wife and I just got back from a Mini Cooper event at Deals Gap in North Carolina, and seeing all of the bikes on the Dragon didn't help my need to roll that right handle a little further! I guess until I hit 1k miles I'll continue to look like a creeper roaming neighborhoods and back roads up and down hwy 280.

I look forward to getting deeper in this forum and learning more about my new love.

Whit3

Hello Everyone,

I've had my white 2012 Fz6r since the beginning of April, but I just passed my MSF course to get my license (and cheaper insurance) on Sunday so now I can start riding this weekend.

BKP

Welcome to Durden and Whit...

Enjoy the forum, and your new rides... The 6R is a fabulous (and very forgiving) bike, however, take some time to nail down your skills, learn all the nuances, and 'bond' with your bike before tackling something like the Dragon...

Keep in mind that riding within your skill set will keep the shiny side up... (and watching out for texting a-holes that think their cages drive themselves!).

Ride safe, guys...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

ultra.stache

greetings!

Greetings from NY! I joined because I've finally decided to pick up an fz6r; more specifically, a 2009 Cadmium Yellow FZ6R. Hopefully I will be purchasing within the next 2-3 weeks an 09 yellow with 1,800 miles... unless someone steals that before me. STAY AWAY FROM ALBANY!

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Mister Bob

Hi Y'all from Houston, TX. I'm 64 years old, retired school counselor but teaching one reading class for international students at community college. Just picked up my 2013 white FZ6R this morning and put in 60 miles. Placed an order for the Competition Werkes fender eliminator. Exhaust mod will come later. For the past 10 years I rode an '02 Suzuki SV650. Yamaha rides much smoother, not as torquey, and acceleration climbs steadily and smoothly. Bike seems to throw off a lot of heat. Tank was so hot I didn't need blow dryer to heat the warning label to remove, I just used my finger nails. The sweltering Houston afternoon sun no doubt helped.

dnielson45

Elite Member

EastBay

Hi. I started riding in 1962 when I got my first bike and have been riding on and off ( mostly on) ever since. in 2003 I bought my first Cruiser and about 3 months ago went back to a light fun bike again. I now have a FZ6R and that put the fun back in riding.

aki

Hey all,

New member here... My name is Art Akimoto, people call me Aki for short. I'm from the Bay Area, just purchased a White 2012 FZ6R this weekend. Getting back into street, and oh have I missed it!

Other bikes I have owned: 1997 Ninja 250 starter & 2006 Ninja 500 ender where I stopped riding street after a close call almost getting side swiped off the rode by a non-looker. I have been riding dirt since then and own a 1999 YZ125 and just sold my 2006 CRF230. After itching to go back on the street for a couple years, got the approval from the wife, pulled the trigger, upgraded, and joined the FZ6R crew.

:wav:

2013 Fz6r satin

Hey all,

New member here... My name is Art Akimoto, people call me Aki for short. I'm from the Bay Area, just purchased a White 2012 FZ6R this weekend. Getting back into street, and oh have I missed it!

Other bikes I have owned: 1997 Ninja 250 starter & 2006 Ninja 500 ender where I stopped riding street after a close call almost getting side swiped off the rode by a non-looker. I have been riding dirt since then and own a 1999 YZ125 and just sold my 2006 CRF230. After itching to go back on the street for a couple years, got the approval from the wife, pulled the trigger, upgraded, and joined the FZ6R crew.

Aki...welcome to the forum...pretty much the same story here,2000 ninja 250,1985 Honda turbo 500,1986 Honda turbo 650,dirt bikes were suzuki rm 125,250...also got the wife approval...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Motomama

Hey all,

Congrats on your new ride Aki! The FZ6R is a fun and good bike. I love this bike.

Where are you in the Bay Area? I m in Santa Clara! We are in sn awesome areas for riding. See you out there....!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

aki

Where are you in the Bay Area? I m in Santa Clara! We are in sn awesome areas for riding. See you out there....!
Sweet man, I'm in Sunnyvale right next to you! I'm trying to get back into the groove of riding. Used to go up Steven's Creek reservoir, 9, Skyline, or behind Calaveras when I used to ride. Hope to start cruising out there again. Any other ridings areas you recommend? See you out there! :D

Motomama

Sweet man, I'm in Sunnyvale right next to you! I'm trying to get back into the groove of riding. Used to go up Steven's Creek reservoir, 9, Skyline, or behind Calaveras when I used to ride. Hope to start cruising out there again. Any other ridings areas you recommend? See you out there! :D
How awesome we are neighbor and so great that you are getting back into the groove of riding. I was just up on HWY 9 and Skyline. We stopped at Alice's for lunch and came back down on 84 thru Portola. I didn't have to much time and this is my usual quickie route.

I do a lot of riding, especially on the weekend. If it wasn't for my kids, I wouldn't own a car and just ride my motorcycles. I have lots of riding areas to recommend to you. All beautiful back roads too. I will PM you later.

See you out there soon. :Sport:

Toni

smackay

Hello from Pensacola

Hello all!! New member and brand new owner of a white 2012 FX6R. I just picked it up today. It's been a while since being on a bike. Felt great!! Previous bikes include GPZ750, Honda Magna V30, KZ1000 and KZ650. Looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Scott

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member