New member welcome thread

stormbringer

Another John from St Albans England ,just clocked up 8500 this week on my 10 mth old XJ6S.

Snetterton last Monday

Last edited:

tonyjr82

Hi all! Finally picked up my bike yesterday. Found a used black 09 6R with only 66 miles on it. This is my first bike and I'm set to take the safety course next week. About me, 28 year old accountant and Army Reservist with two tours under my belt. I live in the Lehigh Valley of PA which is only a short drive from some nice twisties in the Pocono's where I grew up. Can't wait to feel confident enough to take her on the road!

Last edited:

chewmieser

Former CT(er), now TN(ian). Took the MSF course 3 months ago as I had never ridden any type of bike before. Finally bought my FZ6R 5 days ago and currently have 400miles clocked on it (brand new 2009 white one with 0 miles).

Anywho, hi from Milan TN!

DragonBlu

Welcome Tony and Chewie to the club, from the great state of Oregon where the roads are wet and the girls are.............nice. :welcome:

onegin

New rider in Schaumburg, IL

Hi all!

I've been following the threads on this forum for a few weeks. Found this site very helpful. Got my bike brand new just a few weeks ago, already got 500 miles on my baby! Loving the community, the bike and the sunny weather! Looking forward to being a part of the forums. Whoohoo!

cobymedic

Hey everyone, thought i would introduce myself.

I am from Northern Ontario and just bought my FZ6R about two weeks ago. Brand new 2011 Yellowish red (according to the broucher). I love this bike, I made the switch from a 2010 Ninja 250r which has since been passed down to the GF. I orginally had my heart set on the Ninja 650, but seen the FZ6R and a Yamaha Demo ride and fell in love with it. The quality, fit and finish seem far superiour on the Yamaha.

Dont have to many mods planned for it yet, but we will see were time and this site take me.

pgyammy

Hi, I'm a new rider from Prince George. I turned 40 last year and had a bit of a mid-life crisis I think. If I knew how much fun it was I would have taken this up 20 years ago. I find myself obsessed now and have bought some goodies for the bike including a corbin seat, givi soft luggage supports, intuitive nc frame sliders, pro-grip cf tank pad, and a camera mount. I love this bike and look forward to some awesome riding!!!

Mitch21

Hey Guys,

Mitch here from Adelaide in South Australia,
recently bought a fz6r in April and already done 750 miles on it, im lovin the bike as its so much fun yet easy to ride being fairly new to riding on the road. Also am loving the forum because it has given plenty of info and i looked forward to helping others one day. Thanks guys

Pics up soon

TH_CHAD

Hi all...

My name is Chad and I am in Kansas City, MO. I am 36 years old, have 5 kids, and own a lifted Jeep (15 MPG) that was my daily driver. I picked up an 09 Blue FZ6R about 3 weeks ago which is now my daily driver when I can. Its my first bike and I love it! I have been reading on here for months and love the help I get from searching the forum. So thanks to all for the input and its great to be a part of the group.

:cool:

Detrich

Welcome guys! :)

daddyrack

Premium Member

Grumpy

A new Noob from Chicago reporting in :p
The FZ6r is my first bike ever and what a joy it is to ride.

Cheers!

:iconbeer:

cloudfire

Ok, so I haven't posted a pic of the bike I got a couple weeks ago. Originally I wanted a '11 Copper FZ6R but found a great deal on an '09 Blue that I couldn't pass up. So, here's a couple of pics, the first is the way I got it, and the second is after the FE install.

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Yummy Yellow

Paul, from Cape Town South Africa...Hi
Got my yellow FZ6R about two weeks again, loving it. It's a 2009 model bought secondhand, has a two brothers exhaust and various other small mods already on the bike. Has those small pigspotter mirrors on but I need to probably get others as I need the confidence of knowing exactly what's behind me. I'll keep them on as they look much better than the stock ones but trying to source some bar end mirrors but cannot find any in the whole of SA, no-one seems to stock them, still looking though.
Great forum and learning a lot about my bike just reading through threads.

Hey, I'm new.. I'm 22 from Northern NJ. Looking to buy a FZ6R in about a week or so. Very excited!! Already, met some of you, glad to be part of a friendly community.

roadrat

Welcome aboard Sampson and Yellow!

Dave.TX

Still lookin'...

Howdy newbies! I'm new to the forum too and have yet to get a bike. It's down to either an FZ6 or FZ6R. In a few weeks I'll be able to go shopping and hopefully have one in early September. I've seen a few new 2009 FZ6R's for a few bucks less than 10's and 11's but that copper color is pretty sweet.

Like others here most of my friends have cruisers and my best friends have Harley's. I've always been one to go with what I want instead of the trend so have been wanting a Yamaha for quite some time.

Used to ride the Imperial Sand Dunes in SoCal back in the 90's on a Honda 250R 4 wheeler and loved it even though everyone I went to the desert with had dune buggies.

This site and others have helped me in my quest on finding the right bike for me. I'm 6'4", 205 lbs, so I'll look a little funny on just about anything but as long as I like it that's all that matters. Being 41... well, this is not a mid-life crisis as I've wanted a motorcycle for a couple of decades just haven't either been serious or had the ability to get one until now. Did the rider safety course two years ago and got my motorcycle endorsement over a year ago so have been steadily headed that way. I can't wait to go to the dealer, sign the papers and take it home with me!

You guys have been a great help. This site is definitely one of my favorites as the people here are more mature/responsible and respectable. I'm leaning heavily towards the FZ6R and hopefully in about 4 weeks I'll come back with a report on how much I love my new bike, just like everyone else here has posted. Hopefully by then it won't be 105 degrees everyday like it's been since June. Gotta love Texas.