New member welcome thread

DragonBlu

Sweet Busa,I love the sound those things make. Kind of like a mad thunder storm. Too much bike for me! Your girl is going like the 6R.

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! Very nice bikes!

CDN6R

Hello and Welcome to the Club! There is lots of info here on mods/tech questions ETC. So feel free to use the search button to find all kids of answers. BTW that Busa is sick lookin.

Sixxer

Hey there. I'm Jacque (just say it like you would "Jackie" lol)

I'm from the St. Louis area. Just got my '11 Copper Raven "Fizzy Sixxer" in March. He's a beauty! Yeah, I refer to my ride as a "He" since I'm a gal.

My brother handed down his Honda XR-75 to me when I was 12 or so... therefore motocross was my first love. Only raced amateur a couple of years, and then just last summer dated a guy and rode on the back of his BMW GS Adventure. That's all it took, and the quest began for my own street ride.

So... I'm new to the streets and new to this forum. Already did some mods and just ordered an integrated tail light and FE kit. Searching for some flush mounts and slick mirrors with integrated lights, so suggestions are appreciated!
:)

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the group! Glad to have you here! Be sure to post some pictures of yourself and the bike!

ColumbusFZ6R

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a brand new left over 2009 FZ6R yellow when visiting my family back in PA. I live in columbus ohio and a police officer. I used to have a 2004 Katana 600 but sold it after getting hit on it in 2007. I missed having a bike so bad and just so happened to get an amazing deal on this new one a few days ago. It gets delivered out here in 3 days so I'm excited as heck. New to the forum but have been browsing around for a few days on it.

Glad to meet everyone. Hope to meet others in the area.

JSP

Super Moderator
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a brand new left over 2009 FZ6R yellow when visiting my family back in PA. I live in columbus ohio and a police officer. I used to have a 2004 Katana 600 but sold it after getting hit on it in 2007. I missed having a bike so bad and just so happened to get an amazing deal on this new one a few days ago. It gets delivered out here in 3 days so I'm excited as heck. New to the forum but have been browsing around for a few days on it.

Glad to meet everyone. Hope to meet others in the area.
:welcome: You will love this bike! It is a little workhorse that can do it all. You picked the fastest color too! :D:thumbup:

hellfiredge

hi

hello, i will be picking up my fz6r here this week it looks like and im allredy on the war path of planning on making it a street fighter... ahhh im in alaska and this will be my first " street legal" bike :D

JSP

Super Moderator
hello, i will be picking up my fz6r here this week it looks like and im allredy on the war path of planning on making it a street fighter... ahhh im in alaska and this will be my first " street legal" bike :D
Very nice! Keep us up to date with the pics. Love street fighters!

kevin8198

Elite Member

sammy56

Kinda new to this forum, not sure where else to post pics of my bike. The blue one is my old SV650. Just put the FE and new tires on before I traded it in:p Loving my new FZ6R though!!
Welcome aboard!
I too came from an SV650 (2003) and traded in for an FZ6R just over a year ago. The FZ6R is definitely a little more refined...you will love it.

LB

jokerX

Hi, just introducing myself. Fz6r is my first bike. I wanted an r6, but the salesman talked some sense into me, and boy am I glad he did. I owe him a brew. I love the riding position of the fz6r as I have wrist problems, and it has all the power I need for now. :D

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

hellfiredge

Very nice! Keep us up to date with the pics. Love street fighters!
well i went in to the dealer today to put a down payment on the bike for them to hold/build it and i did a double take on a BRAND NEW 09 fz6 that " they had just found crated up in the warehouse" 0 miles.... for 6400... my down payment went to the 09. so here in a few days i'll be in the fz family but just not the "r"

Attachments

Dimefan

I joined this forum last November, but just recently started to really get into it. I am impressed at all of the information available here!
I grew up in Idaho, and started riding when I was 12 (an old Yamaha enduro.) I have lived all over- Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Florida, and have settled in Missouri. I guess I'll cope with the tornados as long as I am within riding distance of Busch Stadium. LOL
I am used to riding a ZX-6R, but couldn't afford an SS at this time. The FZ6R has yet to disappoint me, and always leaves a smile on my face!
I guess I need to get off my ass and take some pics, huh?!?:rockon:

Last edited:

speedracer51

I have switch to the other side...

Hello, I am a new rider to road bikes. I am by nature a quad guy. I built my own custom quad, been riding for 2 decades. Long story short, I grew tired of having to load up my quad, drive 6 hours, ride 6 hours then come home beat down and tired. Then the clean up was a complete drag too.

I just wanted something I could come home to, get on and go for a spin and get it out of my system. I looked and looked for months for my kind of bike. The finalists were the 600 ninja and the FZ6R. Obviously I went with the FZ, I guess by nature I am just a Yamaha fan to the bone. Grew up on them in the quad world. My custom quad was a zuki, it was pretty cool. I will attach a pic. Ok, those are my kids too.

So anyway here I am, I frequented a forum called suzukicentral.com while I was a quad activist/builder so I know the value of info you can come across here. For instance I am really liking the garage door mod!! I see that in my FZ's future.

I got some Yamaha cash from my dealer, so far I have bought some, nice grips, bar ends, body sliders, gel comfort seat, rear seat cowl, free flo air filter and I had to go ahead and pick up the TB juice box because I know when the time is right and I am comfortable on the bike I will do some minor mods, like I am really eye balling some exhaust ideas.

SO here I am good to meet you and I will get some pics of the FZ up when its not so stock!

ibexrider

new rider new owner

I will be picking up a FZ6R next week I'm hoping for a blue 2010 but I would be fine with a black one. I wanted a sport bike that wouldn't kill me after riding 100 miles to get to work. I want to handle all my own maintenance so I will be on here often.