Need to replace 7 year old tires

Spanky's Monkey

The short of it is I just acquired my first bike 2009 FZ6R with 6000 miles and it's still on the first set of Dunlop Roadsmart II tires. I have not ridden the bike yet because I don't trust the rubber. The tires have severe dry rot and I'm torn between The Roadsmarts II or stepping into the Sportmax Q3. Taking the MSF next month on the 15th so I got a few weeks left before I mount my new shoes. Looking to keep in the same price range as the Dunlops so the PR4's are out of the question.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Spanky's Monkey

I'm looking at a daily commuter, back roads and some 300 mile round trips to visit family. I plan on this becoming my primary ride. I drive my modded 06 Cobalt spiritedly often and expect to treat the FZ6R no less. I'm looking for sticky but I don't need track tire sticky.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

Spanky's Monkey

Thanks for the advice gents. I did end up sticking with the Roadsmart II but it was with good reason. I'd like to experience the bike as it came factory and get an idea of what I want out of my rubber. I'll be mounting my own tires and with the cost of tools, the stands (triple tree baby!) and tires I'm already in pretty deep. I'll certainly have way more wiggle room on my next tire purchase down the line.