My bike was stolen

RACreative

RF Chips

We sold a boat with an RF chip under the deck. Had to track it down recently because the guy stopped making payments... the company we bought the chip from used GPS and found it in a few minutes. The RF chip was small the customer had no idea it was even installed... this would probably work on our bikes too...

Spunky99

We sold a boat with an RF chip under the deck. Had to track it down recently because the guy stopped making payments... the company we bought the chip from used GPS and found it in a few minutes. The RF chip was small the customer had no idea it was even installed... this would probably work on our bikes too...
Where do you get an RF chip like the one you describe? That would be cool and easy to hide.
I have an RF chip detector that will pull down the code if within 4 inches but it is worthless from any distance further than 3 feet to detect the presence of a chip. I also have the RF zapper that will destroy all known RF chip types within a 6" radius.

Bloke

That sucks :(

As for recovery, I'm of the opinion if they nick it, they can keep it. I don't want a bike back that has been abused to hell and back with a broken steering lock and ignition system.

I put chains on, disk lock, cover and depending where I am i'll turn on my little no wires motion alarm (stops little kids trying to get on it when at the parents).

All to disuade someone from trying. If they decide to try, I'd rather they succeed and total the thing riding it someday rather than have it back. Theres no way you'll know exactly what those arseholes will have done to that bike.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

kvc25

Aside from wrecking it, coming outside to an empty spot where my bike should be parked is one of my biggest fears when it comes to owning a bike. Hope everything works out okay for ya..

CrazyCawi

That's why I rigged mine with remote c4 detonation. Go ahead...take it I dare you! Sometimes I leave the key in it just for shits and gigs

Sent from Joshua's android dominating iPhone using Tapatalk

See red

That is bull! I wouldn't even want the bike back...... It feels like you have been violated. I would forgo the bike if they left the guy in a room for a few hours.

fz6rwolf

Mine still isn;t fixed from when stolen 4th july weekend and recovered after being dumped. Actually rode it last weekend 1st time since got it back for just quick ride to see how handled. Started it with a penny since ignition cylinder gone, right brake pedal bent, right front blinker hanging down, fairing all scraped up but didn't seem to wobble and rode fine. Only things guess need to really fix are blinker and new ignition cylinder and heat up pedal and bend back and will be operational but ugly with whole side scraped up, just no money to get it done, maybe income tax.:(

Deanohh

The brake pedal bends pretty easily. You should be able to straighten without heating. If you heat enough to soften it, you'll burn the plating off and it will look pretty ugly and get rusty.

tonyjr82

That's what I was thinking. Did you have full coverage? If so, fight for as much money as you can get back.

Carry some kind of protection with you in case you do happen to see the bike somewhere. I wouldn't confront a theft without something to back me up. Odds are that your frame and fairings are spray painted some different color by now. Look at the color combinations for the FZ6r like the raven and look for differences in any 6r you see. Hopefully the thief is an idiot and sells it locally or rides it locally.

A guy on the fz1oa forum found his bike by hearing the custom exhaust that he modded himself. He said the bike looked nothing like what was stolen from him.
Does anyone have any advice on trying to get the most value back from the insurance? The bike was in excellent shape with only 1000 miles on it. I've never had to put in a claim before and I dont want them to rip me off.

Bloke

Be tough guy and never accept the first few offers.

You pay your premium as per the value you declared. So unless it depreciated massively since you made that valuation less than 12 months ago, just be a hard ass and fight for it.

Get the blue book (think it's called that over there) prices and just collate proof that your bike is worth more.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

NewBlue47

Stealing CBR and FZR - found most stolen

Once I found out this info on the internet (2012)... now I'm paraniod. I even keep it covered up in the garage. Makes me wish I would of stayed with my Honda Shadow 750 RS. I never take it to the mall or retail center. Bastards!

:eek:

Detrich

Crazy Josh! :)

That's why I rigged mine with remote c4 detonation. Go ahead...take it I dare you! Sometimes I leave the key in it just for shits and gigs

Sent from Joshua's android dominating iPhone using Tapatalk

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Fizzi6ergal

I know they make GPS tracker devices for dogs. I know sportdog makes one, but they're pretty spendy. The chip idea sounds pretty awesome. Just be able to log into that device and BOOM! You know where your stuff is.

newfz6rguy

Definitely sorry to hear about that. I hope everything worked out with your insurance. Are you going to get/did you get another 6R? or......are you going to hold out till September and get the FZ-09???

Maybe its just an aus thing, but my bike has a sticker saying "protected by Yamaha microdot anti theft tracking". Apparently they hide this little chip in a different spot on each bike and Yamaha can help you locate the bike if stolen. Is this not on US bikes? Mine is a 2010, came with it straight off the showroom floor.

I really hope insurance pulls through for you, and am so sorry to hear about the theft :( :(

Idiosynocracy

I put the extra arm and leg for lo-jack... my first major purchase ever in my life. I hope the day never comes where I have use it.

EsrTek

Maybe its just an aus thing, but my bike has a sticker saying "protected by Yamaha microdot anti theft tracking". Apparently they hide this little chip in a different spot on each bike and Yamaha can help you locate the bike if stolen. Is this not on US bikes? Mine is a 2010, came with it straight off the showroom floor.

I really hope insurance pulls through for you, and am so sorry to hear about the theft :( :(
Must be something they do for AUS, we do not have that on US bikes and I think they would tell us about it when buying.

roundhouse

I am not a cop but i work for the PD in my town. we had a guy steal a bike outrun the cops and take it into his house.

bike had lojack. they got a warrant, busted in and popped him red handed. also got a substantial amount of meth.

i said i was going to get one on my R6 but it's been several years and i never got it on my 6R either