Stolen bike

jocampo

The mentality of pay pay pay pay...insurance, lawyers etc and just let the thieves, muggers, rapists and killers have whatever they want makes me sick.....
Like you, I was also sick :) ... until I saw several friends dying, specially outside of USA. I also got myself in trouble twice because that. But God is powerful, and even though they pointed a gun on my face, I'm right now here writing this post.

Bottom line, unless is NOT wife, dog or cat, lol ... take it and good luck. Perfect excuse to get a different or new bike.

;-)

Nick89

Get a shot gun for 200-300$ go to a local gun range and learn how to shoot it. Get a two way alarm. Fix your own problems if the cops are useless.

I have a Saiga 12 semi auto shotgun and a two way alarm on my bike.

Last edited:

Spunky99

No motorcycle is worth going to jail over.....period......
If someone comes into your house with bad intent, a shotgun may be appropriate but not for a bike sitting on the curb or driveway.

You can take certain steps to protect yourself from being the victim of theft and or assault though.

In the case of this bike theft, they slid the front wheel so that eliminates a disc lock and the steering lock as effective from a determined thief.
Start with a motorcycle alarm with pager. That way you know when the bike is getting molested or stolen. A locked garage is a good preventative measure too. What they don't see, they won't steal.
I've identified the kids in my neighborhood that are prone to be problematic and I leave nothing out for them to break, steal or deface. They know I have them on my radar too...that helps....

Now about the cops....they were slow to arrive and not particularly interested in finding the culprit. The house where the bike was found may just be a stash point so talking to the owner isn't very helpful. Fingerprints could have been taken off the bike and maybe a previously arrested person identified as having been involved. Checking with neighbors to see if they saw or heard something is a good option. If a fingerprint gives up a suspect, they would have to follow up and they didn't want to do that. (more work)

The cops saw how little evidence they had and since the bike was recovered, they didn't bother any further. Typical for a busy or lazy Cop.
No one was caught in the act and you can't tie the bike to the house where it was found. In fact they could say the bike owner did this himself to get the homeowner in trouble....
You got some real a-holes around you...the economy is driving some of this and it isn't getting any better.

Good luck!

Rookasaki

Sorry you had a bad run in with the police... As I'm a cop, I would of done my investigation a lot different. Finger prints, witness (if any), traffic cam's (video evidence), prior reported activity in the area (auto thefts/burglaries ), parolees living in the area etc... Just to name a few.

I'm sure the officer decided it was not worth investigating due to you getting your bike back... Which is unprofessional and wrong. If there is no suspects or leads etc... Then I can see nothing being done. But then again the officer needs to attempt to find clues and do his Job!

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

KeysRider3

My bike was stolen last night. My neighbor went looking around while I called the cops. My neighbor found it under a tarp, on its side 3 houses down. Cop took about 20 mins to finally get there and was a complete ass. The cop didn't give a damn about anything that happened. We walked over to the bike, he called in the plates to confirm it was registered to me. Took a few pictures, lifted it and I rode it back. I asked the cop what he needs for his report and he said "I've been getting it". His report was about 10 works, including my name and phone #. I knew the cops didn't care about this part of town but didn't know it was this bad.

I had called a week before about them stealing a TV that they set behind my neighbors house and I guess were going to come back to. Twice in a row I've called and NOTHING has been done. I figured with a 5000 500lb motorcycle they might try a little harder.

The cop wouldn't even knock on the door to ask questions. And worse, after identifying the bike the cop says I'm going to go get my camera. I said "what if someone comes out with a gun"? He says"well you can stand over here" as he pointed to the side of the house.
So yes, a police officer left me on the scene by myself.

Few parts bent and banged up. They managed to drop it on both sides. The bike was 100% flawless 12 hours ago.

If anyone has upgraded clutch handle, I'm looking for a straight one if you don't need it. Let me know.
Also, the foot break lever is bent. I doubt anyone has upgraded that but if so, I'd like to get your old one.

Bar ends are both scratched, so if you have some stockers laying around, I'm buying.

Clutch cover and left side engine casing are scratched up but most people don't have those laying around.

The graphics on the fairing are scratched up but nothing went though the clear coat of paint so I'm going to have to strip the decals.
@CC, where did you get your decals?

There is more damage but I have to focus on studying for my test this afternoon. That college degree is more important than the motorcycle. Just sucks that I worked so hard for it and it was like new before this crap happened.

My dad was furious about the way the officer handled everything and called the chief on duty. He was as big of a jackass as the officer that came to the scene. I'm here for the sule purpose of going to college. This town has gone to crap in the three years I've been here but my family bought the house so I have to stay for my last year. Not looking forward to it. Nothing will change if nothing is enforced. I see people get arrested occasionally but then I see them sitting on their front porch the next day. I love that our tax money pays for them to live in those houses.

So if anyone has some spare parts I may need, let me know. Thanks. You can PM on here or email me at [email protected]
Where are you in Missouri that the cops are that incompetent and uncommitted?

yfz6r

Bad part of Cape Girardeau.
The city doesn't care about my area. Roads and sidewalks are terrible. One mile North, it looks great. That is next to the college though. When I called about the stolen TV the night cop told me which houses sell dope and the cars that sell it across the street at the car wash.
But then they arrest college kids every week for DWI's.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member