Motorcycle Pictures... Post All Your Pics Here

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

latony007

Yeah 94 runs from downtown SD out to El Cajon as freeway. From there its 2 lane road all the way out east until it ends at old highway 80. These pics are in an area we call "The Playground" that starts just west of the 188 that turns south to tecate and about 20 miles east.

I havent ridden to the rock store yet. I want to though. I think some friends and i will be heading up there next month sometime.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
cool thanks for the info! Im gonna try that one some day. if you make it up north enter Mulholland at Topanga canyon and you can hit highway photos, the rocks store and neptunes net on PCH (another place with 100+ bikes on the weekend) and its a great ride.

bmw675

Looks like a fun track except for all the cracks and holes everywhere. Looks like it's beat to hell. Is it as sketchy out there with all the imperfections as it looks on video? Or is it not too bad really? I'm just a little spoiled by Chuckwalla out here. It's pretty much brand new, only a few years old and the asphalt is just pristine still.

Also, just listening to the engine, are you rev matching on your down shifts? It doesn't sound like you are. Might be something you want to try to learn. That technique helped my stability on corner entry a lot.
This track is fairly rough. When carrying decent speeds in the corner, I can feel the rear chattering, but I've never lost grip because of it. The seasonal temperature swings we get really does a number on the local tracks.

I used to be more aggressive on my rev match, but oddly enough, I feel more stable now. To me, it felt like it wasn't letting me load the front enough, until I got hard on the breaks (and that made the timing worse for me).

I'll post up a new one next week. This weekend is my last for the year, and on a track I'm more confident on.

Detrich

Just be careful on Mullholland. Lotta cars too and the snake is notorious for being distracting with all the photographers and ppl loitering around.

bmw675

Labor Day weekend at Autobahn Country Club. Sorry for the quality. Scanned these from prints.

latony007

Just be careful on Mullholland. Lotta cars too and the snake is notorious for being distracting with all the photographers and ppl loitering around.
You are right about that. Think ABC listed it as the most dangerous highway in the country. The reasons being its the most heavily traveled. You can run that thing 365 days a year and with the photo guy up there and people being stupid in front of a camera it all adds up. Its a great road though I like to start at Topanga and take it the whole way. As for the road itself decker is way sketchier in my opinion. At least the snake has good pavement. Here is a pict. of the snake and one on the way up to the snake.

Attachments

Detrich

^ nice pix. But, no gloves???

latony007

^ nice pix. But, no gloves???
its an older pict. I almost always wear them but it was like 100+ degrees that day and I was melting. If I had a place to hold my jacket I would have even taken it off too. Here is another one with my new matching helmet and gloves from last weekend.

Attachments

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

b_who

JonKerr

Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

bmw675

Autobahn Country Club, pre-disaster.

DevlDog

Here's a picture of me on my bike(have since bought boots, don't hate on mah shoes).

Here's one of me and my nephew. He likes riding up to the end of the driveway. It's pretty long, lol.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member