Motorcycle Pictures... Post All Your Pics Here

Malicioso

Managed to squeeze a ride in yesterday (father's day in Aus), headed down St Kilda way and snapped up a couple of photos during sundown, this was definitely my favourite! :)

bowie

Even when they aren't moving they still look cool :p

a 2009 Diversion Xj6 where the Bikini fairing lines up with the seat and frame.

Last edited:

Maadi

Dragon photos :D

These are some of the photos we bought, from US129photos.com.
It is really great to finally see what I look like on the bike! And really funny, too. I literally felt like my knee was about to drag, and you can see how far from reality that feeling was... I like the way I'm looking through the curve, but the one from behind shows the harsh reality of being crossed up. I was very nervous, especially the first day (1st 2 pictures), and thinking back I believe I was trying to see as much of the road as I could and kept my head up too high. I really want to go for some track training now...
The other funny thing was that moving my butt from side to side actually destroyed my leg muscles. I am so out of shape! After riding in the Smoky mountains for 3 days (especially the Dragon) my thighs we burning so bad I could barely sit down without yelping. It was a great two days' ride back up north after that :eek:
Let me know what you guys think, and what I could do to get better. Not that I have many roads here in Maine to practice on. Mostly highway off/on ramps... :D
Oh, and my speed was about 25-30 mph.

Attachments

Last edited:

blkbrd

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

BOM material right there!
Look out everyone here comes blkbrd

Bert-Aus

... I really want to go for some track training now...
... and what I could do to get better. ...my speed was about 25-30 mph.
Don't stress at that speed and by the looks of glassy tires from dampness in first image you were doing fine.
If anything maybe relax your arms (try, occasionally doing chicken wing flaps to loosen your arms & shoulders;))

If you want to work on your technique get to a track where you have little - no issues of run-off collisions
Another thing that I find helps is pointing my toes (retain toes on pegs) in the direction I want to travel -this reinforces the idea of heels out on outside foot & heels in on inside foot, plus it aides dropping/ flapping out your inside knee.

But with that said technique comes more into play at a lot higher speeds.
When touring with all your gear, it is better to slow down and enjoy the scenery a little, other wise your memory of the tour will just be a blur of roadside:)