Marthy's new ride

BKP

Wow... that sounds fabulous...

Could you put the stock back on real quick and do a YouTube of that too...? ;)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

speedbump

Martin sounds great! How does the danmoto sound compared to the viper? Maybe it's me but sounds a little lower and deeper. You have one on your 6r?

Y

yellowfz

Just a observation -- but aren't those O2 sensors way to close to each other? Wont they cause a turbulence and false readings or DTC/MIL event? Been my experience with O2 sensors in exhaust tracks that subtle things can affect them greatly. Were they that close in the original exhaust, before cat, after cat? (cat) is catalytic converter. No way on these ECUs to delete O2 sensor or set to not report, do not trip MIL (check engine light).
Where did you get the 3-1 merge collector?
Seems like a simple build.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ksanbon

Thanks for the thread, Marthy.
Are you going to put a windscreen on it?

frelay

Beau béciq mon chum! :). Tu vas pouvoir en profiter encore alors qu'ici, ma Ninja 1000 est sur le point d'hyberner... Vive la Floride!!

Salutations de Montréal et fait attention à toi,

Mauro

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BKP

I can certainly understand your enthusiasm over the 09, Marthy.
A riding buddy and I had a chance to play with it again, a little more extensively, at a Demo Days here in Atlanta (Mountain Motorsports in Marietta, for you Atlantans... still going on tomorrow, the 27th).

The thing is soooo light, after riding the 6R. After wringing it out a bit more, my personal feeling is:

1- Great upgrade bike from the 6R. Perfect path.
2- Not a beginner bike. It can get away from you in A mode.
3- I agree with Marthy -- it's light in the front. Needs ballast or balancing.
4- I can't seem to find a 'sweet spot' on the seat. Love the narrowness of it, though (you don't notice the additional 1" in height).
5- Got it out on the highway, and (revising my earlier opinion) it *needs* a windscreen >65mph. At 80, you almost feel like you're being lifted off the seat. Since the ergos have you sitting more upright, naturally, you take the full wind in your chest.
6- Sooo much better balanced in terms of lower CoG. You can spin it on the kickstand like a top.
7- Power is wicked in A mode. Throttle's a little skittish in A mode local riding (B mode best around town).
8- Instrumentation a little spartan. Larger panel would be nice.
9- I don't know if they all come stock with Battlax tires, but this one did. I don't particularly like them.
10- Turn radius markedly tighter than the 6R (shorter wheelbase).
11- Don't think the brakes were squishy at all, but that's me. I purposely rode down a road with multiple speed bumps -- suspension doesn't feel much different than the 6R (meaning it could probably be stiffened up a bit -- it was on the highest setting).
12- I like the sound of the engine, but, would probably upgrade the muffler... maybe a Marthy special?
13- The mirrors need to move to bar ends. 6R mirrors are more functional.
14- Would like to see a slightly higher capacity tank (I don't like frequent gas stops).

Overall -- definitely a keeper.

Y

yellowfz

You might be right, I try to space them as much as I could with the space that I have. The bike only use one... the other one is the Autotune, I use it as very expensive O2 sensor read out! LOL also log data with the LCD-200. The bike run way too lean all across the board. 14's and 15's pretty much all over. The ECU/O2 only work under 15% throttle or so (ECO mode on the dash) and trim it down to 14.7:1 for fuel economy.

The build is some how simple. The tube available are in between what I really need. So I'm trying to figure out the right combo... I would like the can a bit more upward without hitting the brake pedals... but if this is the best I can do... I'm fine with that.

The hardware is twice as expensive as what it cost for the 6R but I don't have to deal with the shipping back and forth.
Of course I don't have to tell you you probably know but for others 14-15 is okay, 12-13 is for power at WOT, misleading, idle can be 15-16 easily (I run 16.1 under cruse, I mean highway cruising, no load all the time, called Lean Cruise), of course I have only been tuning ECUs since 06 and not 32 bit ones but 1-2mb ECUs and using UEGO to do Lambda and EQ tuning. 14.71 is stoichiometric (best burn rate) for those that don't know, what all narrowbands strive to achieve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member