Lowering links & short kickstands

Roaring Toyz

Just wanted to drop a line and let you know we have developed a VERY nice lowering link for the FZ6R. It lowers the rear end 1.75" and is a simple bolt on. We are also making a lowering kickstand for the bike. Production parts will be ready by the middle of next week. Will post pics tomorrow!
I have seen several post about people looking for these so we made them. We are going to offer a special package with the link and kickstand together.

FitZ6R

Hi and welcome!

As I've posted previously, I didn't think a lowering link was possible for the FZ6R (since the shock connects directly to the swingarm), so I'm very curious to see how this works.

Roaring Toyz

The top shock mount bolt is removed and replaced with a billet knuckle that relocates the top shock mount up and back a bit. Again it is a very trick simple to bolt in part. We are very proud and excited about it along with a few other parts we are working on.
We are building a custom FZ6R to tour the I.M.S. show tour with Yamaha Motor Corp. this season and are trying to develop custom parts to satisfy FZ6R owners.
We are happy to take any suggestions on parts to develop. Please let us know what you are looking for FZ6R owners!

stroke

I for One cant wait to see a lowering link come out.. I realy like ya'lls gas cap for the fz6r I saw on the web page.. How close is the blue to the Stock Yamaha blue color?

FitZ6R

OK, I get it. Very cool, and I'm happy to see the aftermarket growing for the 6R.

mfischler

Elite Member

OTTF

This is really good to hear that there are now going to be companies getting behind our bikes and producing accessories. Now I just have to think of what else we need. :D

msgirle

lowering links

I was about to purchase the hyperpro springs to lower the bike but this may be a more reasonable way to do it!!! I can't wait to see it and see your custom bike RoaringToyz!!! Love all the bikes you guys customize!!! :)

joloy133

The top shock mount bolt is removed and replaced with a billet knuckle that relocates the top shock mount up and back a bit. Again it is a very trick simple to bolt in part. We are very proud and excited about it along with a few other parts we are working on.
We are building a custom FZ6R to tour the I.M.S. show tour with Yamaha Motor Corp. this season and are trying to develop custom parts to satisfy FZ6R owners.
We are happy to take any suggestions on parts to develop. Please let us know what you are looking for FZ6R owners!
I'm still interested in a better swing arm, with a more current chain tension design and separate spool location. (Stock is ancient!)

jdesiano1

I have gotten pretty comfortable because nothing has been available but I think this would be awesome. Can't wait!

todd311

Roaring Toys,

So if you get the lowering links to lower the bike you will also need to get the short kickstand?

Todd
Houston, Texas

Yamaha Blue FZ6R / Untuitive No Cut Frame Sliders

cbzdel

not interested in buying, as I am 6' tall but I cant wait to see how this product works! Looks like you guys build some nice bikes! I really like those wide tire kits eek:

Craxican

I would like to see a single side swing arm and a conversion to the 320 tires...maybe even the 330

Last edited:

cbzdel

Craxican

12o'clock bar is just a bar so that you can do a twelve oclock wheelie without worrying about falling backwards:eek:...just makes wheelie-ing safer in general...

cbzdel

oh one of the wheelie bars, I have seem them on stunt bikes..

janea

lowering

wonderful news to lower the bike a bit. i'm on the balls of my feet, and can go flat on one side or the other, but 1.75" will make it a dream fit for me! Plus, for long trips, i can pull out the old airhawk seat cushion, which is super comfy but adds over an inch to reach the ground, so i haven't been able to use it on this bike.

Craxican

I would also like to see 5inch titanium frame sliders with a 1inch plastic/rubber cover/extender...the whole slider would be covered but the extra inch at the end would give turn it into the 6inchers...saw a homemade stainless steel one and it protected the HELL out of that bike...