Lowering links & short kickstands

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I also ordered last Thursday but I also ordered the kickstand. They told me at the time that all the kickstands were out being black anodized and my order would not ship until late this week. Thus, I'm expecting both parts to come next week.

Jess, did you also order the kickstand or just the link?

xplodnstar

Got mine yesterday. Now I just have to figure out what to do with it.

Write up? :D

rubicon1000

vid

here is a quick vid on the install for the lowering link. if anyone has ?s let me know. oh i left out one piece of info in the video that when u install the link, slid both bolts in at the same time then tighten them up in place.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8LuXZapamA]YouTube - lowering link install on yamaha fz6r[/ame]

xplodnstar

Okay, so I got it on. It was a lot easier than I thought. It definitely made a difference too.

Some socket wrenches, elbow grease and a friend with a strong back is all it takes.

BTW, the kickstand is NOT necessary.

msgirle

xplodnstar: did you lower the front end too? Are you flat footed on the bike now? Just curious to see...I'm still waiting on mine to come in! Ugh!

jdesiano1

I just ordered the link by itself. When I called the guy said they were in stock and ready to go. I called back last week and a different guy said they were still in production and would be shipped middle of this week. Kinda irritated me. I am glad to know I dont need the kick stand. Also curious how big of a difference its gonna make.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I just called them. They hadn't filled my order yet as they are still waiting for the kickstands, so I changed my order to only the link and told them I did not want the kickstand. He said they got links in this morning and would be sending based on order priority but I was one that would ship today since I've dropped the kickstand. :D

artkatz111

I went out to see Phantomsaint13's bike, which is the one Rubicon1000 lowered. She lowered it about 2.25", and it makes a huge different. I am on my tippy toes on my bike, but I was able to get down to the balls of my feet (or midfoot) on her bike.

Also agree that kickstand is totally unnecessary.

rubicon1000

we gained 1/2 inch more by modding the seat reversing the seat bracket and taking the rubber feet off the bottom of the seat. this gives total lowered value with seat and link of 2.25.

if anyone needs any more info on lowering the bike with the link or help just ask.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Wow! That's significant and will REALLY put my wife at ease! She is on the balls of her feet now using the seat bracket mod as you've noted. This should give her a flat-footed position. NICE!!!

Roaring Toyz

FZ6R Kickstand

Sorry for the slow delivery on the kickstands. Just back in from Daytona Bike Week and have them done now. Also the lowering links are now black anodized. Wanted to just point out that while you can get away with not using the kickstand the bike will stand up a lot more. If you choose not to use the lowering kickstand please be very careful where and how you park your bike. With the less lean angle you run more risk of the bike falling over. The cost of this would offset the cost of the kickstand.

Attachments

xplodnstar

xplodnstar: did you lower the front end too? Are you flat footed on the bike now? Just curious to see...I'm still waiting on mine to come in! Ugh!
We did lower the front end 3/4". It wasn't too hard, but I'm gonna have my mechanics check it the next time I go in for service.

I am not flat footed, but I am SOLID on the balls of my feet. I no longer feel worried at stop lights.

The upgrade is definitely worth the $100.

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
When the link comes in, I am going to do a start to finish video and/or slide show with commentary. This is not only to help out folks here but also to assist Roaring Toyz as well. I hope to complete a detailed instruction sheet for them to include with their product.

I spoke with the owner, Bob, just a short time ago. Great guy! :D They are extremely busy with several 2010 model bikes and don't have a lot of time on their hands.

More to come!!! :thumbup:

elderproctor

Lowered Finally

Well, finally got my husband to install the Roaring Toyz lowering link and the video was a great help. Prior to the lowering link, I had sent my seat to Mean City Cycles to have it shaved down according to my inseam. Now, I am finally flat foot and Confident.:D

Last edited: